Author Topic: anxiety/medication  (Read 5871 times)

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
anxiety/medication
« on: November 21, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »
just got from a gp appt. he asked if i wanted any medication for my anxiety. this is never something i've considered before but i know that particularly recently, anxiety is a big issue. he commented on my inability to keep eye contact and form coherent sentences ::)

we've left it for now, it's too much of a decision to manage today, i can barely decide on what squash i want ::P: but i just want to hear other peoples experiences/views if possible?

Offline sparkledust

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • when you wish upon a star.........
Re: anxiety/medication
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »

i do take something for anxiety when my other skills are not working it helps knowing there is a back up plan sometimes
[img width=250 height=52]
there is no such thing as strangers,simply friends waiting to meet

split

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »
My anxiety medication is a big help at times. I take it on an as and when needed basis. They're not addictive, and I figure that if a little pink pill helps me go to the super market, meet new people, go to the doctors, not freak out about what cmht consider ocd traits. Then so be it.

If your anxiety is not impeding your every day life then don't take it. But if it does, maybe try them. X

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »
I take lorazepam for my anxiety... it helps me with certain situations; it's the knowing it's there if i need it that helps me..
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline brighteyes

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • to die would be the next great adventure
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
Hey I go through periods with my anxiety of having a month of panic attacks to a month of nothing I was put on propranol which helped but as things got a lot worse I was changed to lorozapam which had a faster affect on me, I find the anxiety meds help a lot as I get really bad fight or flight feeling which results in quite bad physical anxiety so it deffinately helps me, hope your ok :hug1: xx
behind closed doors, all is not what it seems,
you only have to realise with one look at me.
to see things that you didnt first see,
like the person i once was-i use to be.
behind closed doors is where it will remain,
now her sanity is gone she is no longer sane.

last od 5/11/11

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:46:15 PM »
thanks guys, i think at the moment my anxiety is fairly unmanageable but i'm reluctant to take anymore medication as i've just come off one of mine (a mood stabiliser) and would like to come off of my AD though i know that that would be highly unrealistic atm. i've got another appt. next week to reassess the situation. Part of me wants something to make stuff a bit easier but hmm, i feel like i should be able to do this without ::)

split

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 08:14:43 AM »
Sometimes anxiety medication can be a very short term thing. To help you realise the things causing the build up of adrenaline aren't scary. Giving you the chance to confront them. X

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:40 PM »
take what you need, you know deep down if you need it.

i think you are doing well asking on here as it is often something i think about and its really nice getting peoples opinions that are in your shoes and not assesing you medically. :hug1: