Author Topic: appetite vs hunger  (Read 7923 times)

split

appetite vs hunger
« on: November 01, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »
In recent weeks as my anxiety levels have mounted to almost unmanageable levels my appetite has fallen considerably also. I still get occasional hunger and try my best to satisfy them. But the thought of most food makes me feel queasy, let alone how ill I feel when I do eat.

Going to the supermarket is a nightmare as I struggle to afford to buy food, being out makes me very anxious if I am not on my own, and I get upset because I can't find anything that I actually want to eat.

I haven't got an eating disorder. I am a big girl and I like my size. I need some food right now. But I don't wanna go to Sainsbury's as the entire experience is horrific...

Offline findingmyway

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: appetite vs hunger
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »
 :hug1: :hug1:

I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom as I'm in the same position but wanted to let you know you're not alone in this :hug2:

Do you have a Tesco express or sainsburys local near you? I generally shop in those as they're smaller and quieter so less anxiety provoking xxx
Thank you all so much for your support, I really appreciate it.
Please, all keep as safe as you can.

I will be thinking of you xxxxx :hug1: :hug

split

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
Our normal Sainsbury's is only small. Its only 100 yards or so away I just can't face it. I spend hours looking for one little thing to eat but as nothing looks nice I get in a proper state as its embarrassing and frustrating. I gonna not go. I am fat enough that I have some stores to live off before I starve. Lol

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:51:13 PM »
how about internet food shopping??
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline findingmyway

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »
I said exactly the same thing about myself earlier! However my friend practically :frying pan: me so I'm gonna do the same to you  :frying pan:  ::P:

Have you got anything at all at home, even its just something small to keep your blood sugar steady? X
Thank you all so much for your support, I really appreciate it.
Please, all keep as safe as you can.

I will be thinking of you xxxxx :hug1: :hug

split

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 04:56:03 PM »
Because of where I live I cannot do internet food shopping.

I do have stuff in. But nothing looks good. Looking in my kitchen at food is almost a distressing as the supermarket because as much as my body is literally calling out for it the idea of food in my mouth makes me feel queasy.

Skye

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »
How about soup or baked potato with a nice filing hon? Or cereal is good too?  :hug1:

split

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »
Might try soup later. I got a can of Heinz cream of Tommy I got stolen from Leeds fest wasters a while ago.