Author Topic: #cutforbieber- opinions?? *mt  (Read 4437 times)

Offline 5u2

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • I wish I could be normal
#cutforbieber- opinions?? *mt
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:10 PM »
So, going on twitter earlier, and I notice one of these joke account things mentioned #cutforbieber.
Apparently, since Justin Bieber was seen smoking weed, someone as a joke, decided to start the trend cutting for bieber, where his fans would post pictures of themselves harming as a protest to make him stop.
There's no question that this is wrong and sick. But I was wondering- do you think young people are really that vulnerable? I can't imagine harming over anybody, let alone a very rubbish pop star!!
Opinions people??
xxxSuZyxxx

Offline Hysteria

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: #cutforbieber- opinions?? *mt
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »
it was started by a forum that specializes in trolling the net, I won't give out the name as it is a nasty place,  I think  young people are  vulnerable when they become wrapped up in popstars / boybands  . Sadly that is what record companies  aim for as it increases  sales  and sales are all they care about , You just have to look at the fake romance that was set up with harry styles and Taylor swift and the hysteria it caused with one directions fanbase .

Fans of one direction and justin Bieber are mainly young impressionable girls who will believe anything about their idols  and if you try and tell them different you get  :lalala:  .

It's all quite sad   in my day the hype  was all about  Brother Beyond and Bros  and a young jason and Kylie  back in those days  the net was in its infancy and all we relied on was the radio and music television and smash hits  for gossip so it was hard for music industry to manipulate the fans now  you have the net and twitter  etc  24 hour music channels  and  internet trolls :(
Thread killer ¯\(°_o)/¯

Offline 5u2

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • I wish I could be normal
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »
Yeah, I saw in the news about the site that set it up. It's such a sick joke.
I know what you mean about young people being impressionable, but I'm pretty sure I would never have cut for anybody when I was younger. Although tbh, I was never really into the boyband thing. When my friends were obsessing over Boyzone and Backstreet boys, I was listening to T Rex and Bowie! Lol.
I don't know how these internet trolls get away with it. It's just awful. And Justin Bieber hasn't said anything on the topic- which tbh, he really should. If I was him, I would protest right back and stop performing/releasing singles until it had completely stopped!!
xxxSuZyxxx

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 01:54:44 AM »
a friend told me about this, and to be honest my true feelings were: anger.
it seems like one more reason for sh'ers to be treated badly.
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline Je7

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »
Totally agree with riot here. It is ridiculous and sad :/