Author Topic: Closure of local psych ward :(  (Read 8466 times)

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
Closure of local psych ward :(
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
Mum's just told me that the local psych unit is closing pretty much with immediate effect. It's a real massive d'oh coz although I didn't like it it had private rooms (unlike next nearest), I knew the staff n mum could bring me juice etc.
Patients are now sent to other units over an hour away so absolutely no visits ever and no juice!
Apparently it's not safe for patients there....they only had a new roof fitted last year at great expense.

Apparently I'm not allowed to get ill again. Mum really has absolutely no understanding of mental health and no sympathy at all. We watched Waterloo Road together on Wed n a lad on there has schizophrenia n a massive psychotic breakdown n I thought it might show mum what it's like for me from my perspective so she would have a better understanding....apparen tly not!!

I know it's not like I've used the services for 2 years n hopefully won't again but it's nice to know that there's a local *safety net* just in case.
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline justine

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Closure of local psych ward :(
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
 :1059: bad news they're closing it down  ::-\:

And yeah, some people don't understand mental health, they just don't. I saw waterloo road too  :) do you have schizophrenia? or have you just had a breakdown before? (sorry, just me being interested in these things)

Like you said, if you've been ok for 2 years then hopefully you will be still. Perhaps it's kinda good the safety net being taken away, cos perhaps you don't need one? Stilla shame though  ::-\:
If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »
Just a few psychotic breaks in the past. I have no intention of using the MH services again (well not in a hurry anyway) but as I'm susceptible to having another in the future (not if I can help it) it's just nice to know it's there....good place to take photos of squirrels when I'm bored too :;):

Mum didn't understand my dad's schizophrenia n divorced him when he was at his worse. Thought she might have learnt over the years but apparently not. Sure if we had something physical she might be more sympathetic towards it. Mind you I doubt that too coz my ME n Fibro *just makes me a little tired*....if that comnent wasn't so infuriating n wrong on so many levels I might have killed myself laughing at how pathetic it was. Meh. I'll never change her!
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline justine

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
oh I know all about ME :) some people just don't understand do they?
If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »
Hugs!
Nope. I've been in absolute agony this week n in floods of tears with it n no one cared except grandma. About 25 hours till I can crawl into my own bed alone n snooze till Tues afternoon :) at least I've managed to get a 2nd duvet at the BnB so a little bit more comfy.
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »
thats sound like your doing realy well im happy your ok how r u today  :wave:

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »
Hi greenday. Yes I'm doing great at the moment although very tired and hurty. The only times I have a *bad moment* is when I'm really ill with my ME and have a massive hissy fit which is totally unlike me because I'm normally too laid back to care and use up valuable energy getting stressed.
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
thats great your doing well how is your poems doin look i realy like talking to u so keep talking to poeple  :hug2: have a good day

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 05:28:10 PM »
My poems? I don't post in *creativity*
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline greenday

• Usually here