NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

wanting to volunteer

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sofie:
You would need to tell the job centre. Whether they think you're then fit for work is debatable.

Nightowl:
When I told the benefits people I was volunteering they sent me two forms to fill in asking about the nature of the work I was doing, hours I was working and questions about why I wasn't getting paid.

They wrote to me last week saying my volunteering wouldn't effect the benefits I am receiving.

split:
I am on jsa and when I said I was volunteering they just said 'that's great'. Yet I know others that are only allowed to do up to a certain number of hours.

brighteyes:
Thanks I'm not on any benefits so shouldn't be a problem in that sense, I lost my job a few months back due to hospital. I just don't want a full time/paid job far too much stress and worrying whereas volunteering I don't imagine would be easier but slightly less pressure. But I am worried bout the mh aspect.
Thanks terri will try it now x

Je7:
Brighteyes- I am in exactly the same position at the moment, so I will be interested in how you get on. I've had a little look on the do-it website, it seems quite good.
Hope you find something soon, and try not to worry about the mh aspects, I *hope* most people will be understanding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version