NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

Venlafaxine and Promazine

(1/4) > >>

Nightowl:
Saw my new consultant this afternoon and been prescribed these.

I asked to come off lofepramine as it was making me very dizzy on standing.

Was hesitant about agreeing to try venlafaxine as I've heard it's a nightmare to come off, or even if you miss a dose, my consultant said it's no worse than any other AD but I'm not sure I believe him.

Anyone any experiences of either of these meds?

:cake:

unknown_member:
i've been on venlafaxine.. it really worked for me as an AD.. but it was horrible to come off i had really bad withdrawals, but I did decide to go cold turkey which obviously isn't recommended!!

Nightowl:
Thanks hun.

I won't be starting it for a month as need three weeks to reduce and stop the lofepramine and then a week with no AD.

He said that as long as I come off it slowly I should have no problems with it.

Just googled the promazine and it's an AP, I'll be taking it to help me calm down at night and sleep which I guess makes sense as it says it's used for agitation. 

Skye:
I was on venlefaxine in the past, if I missed a dose I would get pins and needles in my face and lips. Withdrawing was ok, it was done fairly slowly as I was on a very high dose. For me it lifted my mood but the high dose caused insomnia so I had ttocome off it. x.

brownie:
I'm on venlafaxine, it seems to work for me.

I do find though that like you say, if i miss a dose or 2 i get light headed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version