Author Topic: Medical procedures/examinations with past trauma *SA*  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Medical procedures/examinations with past trauma *SA*
« on: March 08, 2021, 08:44:22 PM »
So I'm not going to say much about my experiences here because I have a different thread for that. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good techniques for coping with these types of things. I find it difficult to tell the doctor because a, they often don't listen and b, a large part of the problem for me is some bad experiences with doctors in the past including when I was a child so I find it really difficult to trust doctors especially if it's one I haven't seen before.

So does anyone have any thoughts/experiences/perspectives etc? I've been working on 'coping skills' in DBT as well as grounding techniques and I've got Diazepam that I can take if I need to but I'm wondering what else people find helpful.
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Medical procedures/examinations with past trauma *SA*
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 01:13:57 PM »
So this sh** is just part of being a woman. Gosh, that makes me feel heaps better /s. I've tried to ask for professional help but everywhere is restricted because of the Covid. Maybe I am being stupid after all, even professionals can't help.

:lock11:
Rabbits are better than people