Author Topic: Help! Any advice on dealing with important things when wanting to SH?  (Read 5125 times)

Offline danceforabeat

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Ok, so basically...I'm buying a house. All the initial viewings etc. were exciting. The first visit (and come to that, the second visit) to the mortgage adviser was scary, but useful and reassuring (he doesn't think I'll have any problems getting a mortgage). I had a second viewing of a property I liked, had a couple of offers rejected. Coped fairly well whilst I made them wait a week before putting another offer in last Thursday...and they accepted in five minutes! The estate agent said they needed to see my mortgage decision in principle (was already sorted so took that in on Saturday) and my solicitor's details. I didn't have a solicitor in mind, but e-mailed a few for quotes, intending to get my aunt's advice (she used to do conveyancing for a living), before deciding who to go ahead with, and contact the mortgage adviser for help making a full application. At the end of last week, I was excited and getting on with things.

Then it got to Sunday. PMS hit. I have severe PMS, I suffer with bad mood swings and depression during this period and am on fluoxetine for this. I have problems with SH at other times, but particularly so at this time of the month, and can even have suicidal thoughts. I often find it difficult to cope with basic things, and work becomes stressful and extremely difficult to deal with, so I usually try to deal with the bear minimum I have to for 3-5 days.

Except I need to get the ball rolling with things. I want to get the ball rolling but I'm doubting myself, questionning my aunt's advice even though she's being super-helpful, basically doubting myself and everything else and thinking I could be ruining things by making a wrong decision, I think I'm driving my family and friends crazy and I just can't cope with anything. I want to cut. I want to drink. I want to hide away from everything, and this is making me feel like a pathetic kid.

I know there's not an easy answer, otherwise I would've done something years ago, but I'm desperate for any advice at all at dealing with important things when you're feeling like this? I'm buying by myself, so although I have loads of lovely family and friends offering help and advice, this is my responsibility and I have no one I'm sharing the responsibility with who could "take over" and deal with everything for a few days (oh, how I wish I did!)

Sorry for that long ramble, but any advice at all would be appreciated!

Offline hayley

• 18+
  • Usually here
One of the renowned things for causing stress is moving house so its no wonder you feel under pressure.
PMT does make emotions lose their natural balance.

So you say you want to cut, go on a bender etc,  this is tried and tested behaviour and is a gooc coping method = although a destructive one

It doesn't surprise me at all that you are spinning out but give yerself credit for not reverting to type.

Perhaps you could write a list of everything that needs to be done with dates where necessary and work through it slowly
Check out my blog! www.borderlineshavemoref un@wordpress.com