Author Topic: possibly getting diagnosed  (Read 4137 times)

Offline bluebell.x

• Haven
  • Bronze Member
possibly getting diagnosed
« on: October 09, 2020, 05:36:40 PM »
I have a blood test booked for next week to see whether i have seasonal affective disorder and, I've forgotten what it's called now, but it's to do with a gland in your throat that can cause a c******l imbalance in your brain. I've had to have this after speaking with a psychologist after being admitted to hospital last week. I dunno all feels a bit weird, like i feel relieved that im getting support finally but i can't wrap my head around the last week.
not looking for a reply in particular just needed a place to put this down.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: possibly getting diagnosed
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »
It seems sensible to check for physical problems, sounds like your being tested for thyroid conditions which can cause depression symptoms. I hope that you get some answers.  :hug1: :hug2:
Rabbits are better than people

Offline bluebell.x

• Haven
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 05:30:05 PM »
Yeah thyroid that was it, had the blood test today today so should hopefully be getting some answers next week. Also start counselling next week so I'm glad things are being sorted. Thank you :)

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 05:40:44 PM »
That is good that things are starting to get sorted.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

Offline bluebell.x

• Haven
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 04:20:14 PM »
I just got the results and my thyroids are fine but turns out I have a severe deficiency in vitamin D which the number 1 symptom is depression so I'm being put on medication and I'm going to get a couple SAD lamps. I feel so relieved, the doctor said that in 6 weeks my vitamin D levels will be the highest they've ever been so I should feel the happiest I've been in years. It makes me feel a lot more valid now that I've finally got the right diagnosis and I'm just so glad that things are going to get better.   :yahoo:

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 06:16:44 PM »
That is great news. I hope the medication helps you and you feel better soon enough.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police: