Author Topic: Exploring Young Adults' Experiences of Peer Support Networks  (Read 6 times)

purplebutterfly and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online CL

• Researcher
  • First posts
Hi everyone!

This post, and research topic, may be triggering for some people. Please consider your wellbeing before choosing to read. It contains reference to suicidal thoughts and non-suicidal self-injury. If this may cause you distress, please navigate away from this post, and you might want to seek support if you feel this would be helpful. 

I'm Charlotte, a trainee clinical psychologist at Lancaster University, currently recruiting for my thesis project. I am recruiting jointly with another trainee, Sophie.

Our projects are exploring young adults' experiences of peer support networks for suicidal thoughts and non-suicidal self-injury (Sophie's project is focusing on suicidal thoughts, and mine is focusing on non-suicidal self-injury).
We understand that for many people these experiences can come alongside each other, which is why we decided to recruit together. You don't have to have experienced both to take part. We want to do this research to give a voice to young adults experiences, and help shape support in a meaningful way.

We would ask that you have experience of using peer support (receiving or providing) for suicidal thoughts and/or non-suicidal self-injury, are aged between 18 and 35 and are based in the UK to take part. You will be asked some questions about your experiences, either through an online survey, or an interview, whichever you would prefer.

Ethical approval has been granted for both projects from the Faculty of Health and Medicine Research Ethics Committee at Lancaster - Sophie's project approval code is FHM-2024-4024-RECR-3, and mine is FHM-2024-4009-RECR-4.

If you would like to find out a bit more information, the link to our information sheet is here. You can also continue to participate if this is something you choose to do after reading and consenting.
https://lancasteruni.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5nxMne950xj2Kpg

For any questions, or to arrange an online interview if you'd prefer this, please feel free to email us at [email protected] or [email protected]

Hope you have a lovely day, and thank you for reading and contributing if you do so :)