Author Topic: Do people ever fully recover?  (Read 183 times)

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
Do people ever fully recover?
« on: October 06, 2019, 05:28:56 PM »
Is a full recovery a thing? Or will people have residual symptoms between episodes for the rest of their lives? I am starting to think I will never recover. I also look at other people's histories and they have residual symptoms also. I was thinking of the mild pyschosis I had and wondered if the symptoms ever went away 100%. There has always been a weird side of me.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Do people ever fully recover?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:43:47 PM »
I guess it depends exactly what from and what you consider recovery to be.

I haven't s/he's in 3 1/2 years, but sometimes it's a very narrow line and I certainly wouldn't guarantee never again. But the last year has been worse than the last 5 in terms of mood so it's just swings and roundabouts I guess. I think for most people there will always be a payoff to maintain things being 'stable' or better whether that be meds, rigid routines, deliberately not trying to push yourself too hard etc etc. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon if you've been somewhere once, it's going to be less difficult to get there again tha someone who never has. But I don't think all of it has to be a bad thing.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 04:43:35 PM »
Had a word with my counsellor. She was nice.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 06:31:29 PM »
I have no memory of what I spoke about in counselling. I know it was difficult and I went deep. I will have to ask her in a couple of weeks time. Really tired now. But still going out.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:57:28 PM »
Had a hard day, spent half of it asleep or doing nothing such as lying down on my kitchen floor for an hour. All I have done today is go to a low mood group and managed to wake up in time to go bowling. All I want to do is sleep or eat. Eating too much is not good for me. I also did some minor self harm. Tomorrow is going to be busy. Maybe not having as much structure and routine has contributed to me feeling worse. I remember being unable to peel myself off the kitchen floor then I fell asleep after my bath.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »
Stupid low mood  :banghead: . Been really struggling. Tempted to call the cpn. But I feel like I am wasting her time. What can she do?

Have a review with the mental health facilitator next week. Hopefully I can talk to her. I also got a review with social services about my support next week. I hope they don't take my support away from me. They shouldn't as I think I still need a lot of help and support.

I feel like sh**. I feel despondent.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 06:08:14 PM »
I just want to hide in my flat and give up. I have work tomorrow. I know I have to go. I am worried I won't be good enough at work. I don't want to go in like this. Can I just give up and hibernate?

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 08:18:40 PM »
It's okay to ring your CPN if you're struggling, I'm pretty sure that she told you to contact her sooner rather than later to avoid things getting really bad again.

How did work go?
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 08:22:34 PM »
Was hard. Had things happen with a friend. Work commented on how quiet I was and I have a cold. Otherwise I work was ok. We got a few things done which is good.

I am super stressed. My work may close if we cannot get more funding.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 08:35:16 PM »
Well done for going, it's hard to do so when you feel crappy. Work can sometimes be better than being at home and brooding but it's a shame that it was difficult today.

I've had a cold too, there's a lot of them going around bat the moment. It really doesn't help our moods!

That's awful about your work possibly shutting. When will they know for certain?
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027: