Author Topic: Confused returner *possible trigger*  (Read 907 times)

Offline SquareTwo

• First posts
Confused returner *possible trigger*
« on: September 16, 2019, 09:37:14 PM »
I'm a returning member from many moons ago. I used to use a different name.

Whilst I can't claim to have been perfectly fine for the intervening years I've managed to get by without stereotypical self harm behaviour.

In recent months I have been struggling with an ethereal urge to self harm. It's like my entire body is aching for pain and today it was at its worst.

I haven't felt like this since my dissociation was at its worst in my late teens/early twenties and it's confusing me. Is it a relapse in my dissociativity (I still dissociate, quite a bit, but it's been presenting very differently in the past few years and this feels almost like the old way).

Basically, I am wondering if there are any other former self harmers still about who may be able to relate to the feeling so I might be able to deduce what I am currently experiencing.

Thanks in advance

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Confused returner *possible trigger*
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 10:02:40 PM »
Do you have support? I am around under the same name
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline SquareTwo

• First posts
Re: Confused returner *possible trigger*
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »
I don't have anything. No friends or family. Nothing professional. Just me and the hamster. I've just experienced a major life shift, it's then that I find I experience bigger shifts in my dissociations presentation which is why I am concerned that that's what's going on. But it doesn't feel like a positive shift. Kind of hoping that I am over reacting and that someone else gets similar feelings.