Author Topic: Scared  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
Re: Scared
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2019, 08:29:13 PM »
You seem to be doing well - but don't worry about winter and things, stay focussed on feeling good without overdoing things. 
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »
Thank you Rob. I need to slow down. I am just trying to do everything, squeeze out every last bit of summer, I am still in t-shirt and shorts! Going to skip Monday club this evening and go home and rest.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2019, 12:13:23 PM »
Why do I feel like I need so much support and reassurance! I am so high maintenance!!!! Hopefully with more friends I should be better.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2019, 05:14:08 PM »
Have spoken to my counsellor. It has helped.

I am struggling with bad memories though. They are plaguing me.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2019, 10:55:18 AM »
Memories can be tough deal with, I'm glad that your counselor is helping you deal with them.

I'm not looking forward to winter either, I'd hibernate if I could! We got through last year though so we'll manage this year too.  :hug1: :hug2:
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2019, 02:11:06 PM »
I want to hibernate. I cannot be doing with getting sick again. I did survive last winter, but each winter becomes harder and harder to deal with.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2019, 01:02:19 PM »
Do you have ways of coping with winter? I have a SAD light which helps a bit and get outside as much as I can etc. Winter is crap but I'd say the depression type stuff is relatively mild?  ::-\:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2019, 01:26:14 PM »
I need to talk to my cpn about strategies that could help me. Even if I do use a light. The risk is of going high but I am on meds to stop that.

Each winter the depression gets worse, the suicidal thoughts get worse. Now I want to cry just thinking about it! Stupid me. I am scared. I have wasted my life with mental health crap. It dominates so much of who I am. I need to be ok. I have to be ok.

Don't know what I am saying anymore. My mind is wondering now.

Stay strong you CAN do this.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2019, 02:31:15 PM »
Well, you have had your meds changed a few times so it's possible that they'll keep your mood a bit more stable in the winter. If you chat to your CPN next time you see her you might feel a little better knowing that you have some strategies to get through it.

I remember reading an article in New Scientist once about people who regularly endure months with little sunshine and they get through it. One thing I remember is that they bring outdoors into the home so I might try that this year, I have some seashells that I'm going to use for decoration of some sort. Since you're quite a crafty person that might be helpful, I'll just glue my fingers together but I'll bet you be able to make something nice.  :)

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2019, 02:37:09 PM »
Imagines you gluing your fingers together and giggles.

I could make some things. Doing some craft soon with my pa. Going to try and do more craft this winter. Planning on doing cross stitch for people for Christmas.

I have more friends this year so that'll help me. Try to stay positive. I am ok and relatively stable in myself, yet my life is still dominated by mental health. It leaves such a large and dark shadow over me.

So I will be working outdoors this winter, that'll help me. I leave lights on in the home to make it bright. Will have to talk to cpn. Cannot be hospitalised for a fifth year in a row. 4 years is bad enough!!! There is so much pressure from my family and boyfriend to not end up in either the crisis house, a and e, or on a pysch ward.