Author Topic: Psychiatrist appointment/change of cc  (Read 120 times)

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Psychiatrist appointment/change of cc
« on: September 30, 2019, 08:15:02 PM »
I had a psychiatrist appointment this morning. It went well, I think. At least, at the end when we left the consulting room, my cc said I was 'awesome in there' so that was nice. I had written things down and he's agreed with my suggestions so that's good. He really listened and said that it was nice to see me looking so well and that I'd come through a terrible period again like I had before, and that he was really pleased I'd made it through this time too. He asked if hospital had helped. I said it had and that I'd probably be dead if I hadn't have gone in. My cc then interjected and said she things it was have been definitely more than likely that I would have died had I not been admitted. Everyone in there seemed to agree. So that was a positive, I think. I'm not dead.

My cc told me that she's been promoted so will no longer be my cc anymore. I will now have a social worker who will do the same work with me. I'm really pleased for cc, but I'm also worried about the change of cc. I got on really well with B, she was direct but in a kind way. Apparently this lady that I'll be seeing is also very eperienced, but it's the whole getting to know someone knew and how they work and urrrrrgh. It's come at quite a bad time given that I came out of hospital less than a week ago and will be meeting new cc on Wednesday and that will be last session with old cc. I am just scared that it won't work or that we won't 'click.' I mean, B was obviously good to get the promotion to team lead, so I'm so worried that this new woman won't be as good. What if she isn't and I fail partly because of that?

I'm really emotional now and it's OK because I know that I'm tired and that's probably why. I had blood tests then psych this morning, then I went to the gym for an hour, then I cycled to see my friends that had a baby whilst I was in hospital. I didn't think I'd be alive to see him, so that made me a bit cry-ey. I'm 'Auntie Terri' and have been ever since he was a bump. :) I just thought I was going to be dead before he was born and I was going to be Auntie Terri watching over him from heaven. Then I cycled to the bike shop because I needed a new pump and to book the bike in for it's pre-winter service. So that's on Thursday. Then I cycled to my Nan's to say hi, because it's just across the road from the bike shop, then I cycled home. So I've done a lot and I'm getting into bed at 9:30pm, as I'm up early again tomorrow for an Intensive Support Team visit.

I feel better. I'm not in crisis anymore. I'm safe and I don't want to die. I just... I feel icky. But I've been out of hospital 6 days after a month and I need to keep that in mind.  ::-\:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Psychiatrist appointment/change of cc
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 10:41:04 PM »
Be gentle with yourself and don't run before you can walk. I understand what it is like being in hospital and believing you would have been dead. It was hard from me. Talk about it with the people supporting you.

As to a change in cc, I found social workers to be proactive and able to sign post. Also I know it's hard but you do adjust to another person's way of working, and they will adjust to working with you.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Psychiatrist appointment/change of cc
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 11:31:58 AM »
Coming home from hospital is always a big adjustment, especially after so long.  :hug1: :hug2:

Changing CC is bound to be nerve wracking I think but sometimes change can be helpful, maybe the new SW will put a different perspective on things or have new ideas.

'aunty Terri' :)
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027: