Author Topic: Work anxiety *mt sui/sh*  (Read 372 times)

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
Work anxiety *mt sui/sh*
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:13:08 PM »
Iím hating everything at the moment,  I just donít know what to do with myself.

Iím struggling with really bad anxiety about work.....both while Iím there and while Iím not. Iím worried about not doing things right, not coping, doing things wrong. None of which are ok as a nurse. Itís making work horrible, and work is usually my go to good thing, that makes me feel better about myself. At the moment I donít want to be at work but I donít want not to be at work either. I just donít want to be anymore.
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Work anxiety *mt sui/sh*
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 07:12:44 AM »
As all your anxiety is linked to work, is there anything you can identify that has triggered it? Anything happened at work to change the safety/ feel good it gives you? Keep talking to us.

Online so sad

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 09:55:40 AM »
Hi

Can you talk to anyone at work that can help? Work makes my anxiety goes through the roof - for all the reasons you gave. I spoke to my manager who is very supportive and tries to make me see that I don't make many mistakes and if I do we can sort them together.

Please keep talking on here if it helps

xx

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 02:02:24 PM »
Nothing has happened at work really. I work shifts so Iím working with different people all the time. I could talk to my manager but I donít know what she can do and Iím scared they will just think I canít cope. Mind you they are probably right......I got to work for my last night shift and just had a meltdown and had to come home leaving the in a pickle. Tomorrow is my next shift and Iím dreading it...what if I have another meltdown. I know that theyíre short staffed too which makes it harder for me. I just feels like a big mess and I donít know how to sort it out.
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 08:59:40 PM »
 :maytrigger:

Iím a muppet. Iím in hospital......one way to avoid work is to end up on theatre list. Waited all day nil by mouth to get cancelled just. Not a happy bunny at all. Itís hot and noisy and I wasnít prepared for this. I want to go home.
I think Iíd rather be going to work.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 09:01:16 PM »
Oh dear. Take care.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 09:32:26 AM »
Really struggling....I hate this. I hate how I feel, I hate that itís making me want to harm when I wouldnít be in this mess if it wasnít for sh.

I now have to explain to work why Iíve had another day off....and I donít even know if Iíll be going on Monday either. Itís all a mess.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 09:48:06 AM »
We have to play with the cards that we're dealt with - whatever they are. Don't feel bad about it, you have a stressful job which must make it difficult for you.
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 01:14:28 PM »
I know it s just sucks sometimes. I hate that my mh makes me unreliable as an employee....... I let them down too often. Yes it is stressful but I just need to deal with it.

I get to go home later at least
 :maytrigger:
But they canít get the foreign body I got stuck out so itís got to stay in which I donít like. The idea makes me feel funny  ::-\:
Just got to wait for antibiotics from pharmacy now.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »
But you are still a valuable person to them, even though you've had to work harder because of mh issues.
At least you're getting to go back home.  :)
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid