Author Topic: Work anxiety *mt sui/sh*  (Read 288 times)

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Work anxiety *mt sui/sh*
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 03:27:45 PM »
I canít help thinking someone who reliably turns up and can do the job without having meltdowns would be better for them.

Holding on to the thought of going home. Im fed up of this place now.
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 09:49:07 AM »
How are things now?

I can totally understand the frustration of MH issues seeming to hold you back, I know that it's hard.  :hug1: :hug2:
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »
I got home yesterday eventually.

Feeling wobbly about work now. Iím working tomorrow but worried about whether Iíll cope especially if itís busy. Urghh I really hate all this mh rubbish.....itís draining, so so draining
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 03:01:36 PM »
How did work go after? I hope it was okay for you.  :hug1: :hug2:

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 10:02:08 PM »
Work was difficult, but I managed because the ward wasnít busy. Itís horrible feeling so on edge though, and constantly worrying about doing the right thing.

Nothing ever seems to feel ok at the moment. I should be looking forward to my holiday but Iím worried about it instead. Iím not sure I want to go but Iím not sure I want to stay here either. I just donít want to have to be at all.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 10:48:33 AM »
Well done for going to work, I know that's hard to do when all you want to do is hide away from the world. Do they know you're struggling and worried? They could make a few adjustments such as shorter shifts or frequent breaks- could anything like that help? You won't be letting anyone down by sorting things out  before they become unmanageable. Is there anyone from occy health you could chat to?

I can feel nervous about holidays, for me I think it's because my routines change for a week, being in a new place, missing the buns etc. It sounds like things aren't great but I don't think it would do much harm to go, some time away from stress and work must be a good thing. I think you'll regret it if you don't go, it'll probably frustrate you in the sense that it would be yet another thing MH has stolen from you.

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »
Yes work know Iím finding things difficult at the moment. My manager is quite good but thereís not a lot they can do. Shorter shifts would mean more of them and Iím not sure that would actually help matters. I think itís just me. I wish I knew how to make things feel better. Every day is such a challenge and Iím not sure itís ever going to get better.

I will go on holiday, k (who I live with) is going and I know sheíll help me. I  just haven't been abroad in so so long and it just feels outside my comfort zone now. But youíre right mh has stolen, and continues to steal from me so much I canít let this be something else.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
Perhaps there are different tasks you can do at work, maybe things that are less stressful such as cleaning it paperwork or something? In previous jobs I used to escape to the warehouse when things got too difficult. I sometimes found that switching to nights was helpful because it tended to be much quieter, might be an option since you work in a hospital. Sorry if this isn't helpful.. I do think that occy health could be helpful, if nothing else it's someone to vent with, I imagine that there'll be someone available since you work at a hospital?

How long until your holiday? Use that thought to keep you motivated, keep telling yourself that however crap things get that you'll soon be sitting in the sun and enjoying yourself.

*Is totally not jealous  ::P:*

Online hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 10:28:06 PM »
I go tomorrow. Iím not really a fan of sitting in the sun...I find heat is good at emphasising how sh and having to cover up gets to me. Iím worried about being abroad and away from familiarity.

Unfortunately there is no other tasks I can do at work, and we are often short staffed. Nights is a good thought, they can be quieter noise wise but can be just as busy clinically and Iím more tired which seems to make it harder (the shift I didnít manage to do was a night shift) so Iím not sure it would work. I have seen occ health relatively recently and they did what they can but werenít overly helpful. I just need to somehow pull myself together and stop being so pathetic.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 03:45:06 PM »
Keeping covered up does feel crappy but plenty of non self harmers keep covered up too because they don't want to get bķrnt..

Hope you enjoy yourself :).