Author Topic: Tough times  (Read 469 times)

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Tough times
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 11:43:56 PM »
Thanks Rob. I will hopefully be able to get across to the assessor the importance for me to stick to my current hours. Increasing them wouldnít be ideal, but if I did have to work more hours for financial reasons Iíd rather do that in my current job where I am supported already than start again elsewhere. Like I said I am incredibly lucky that I would be able to live on my wages, at least for a while, so if I do lose benefits I donít have to make any snap decisions about work/money.

I think the MDT meeting is tomorrow afternoon, then Iím at CMHT Thursday 9am for therapy, so Iíll ask about any decision on my CC when I get to reception. I know Iíll be given a CC so itís just a case of finding out who. And hopefully my SW will be back soon too. Itís not anything that I need to worry about, but my brain has a habit of worrying anyway.

There are so many changes at the moment. Personal changes, workplace changes, government/country changes etc... Iím doing better at coping with changes and uncertainties but they still make me feel very uncomfortable and edgy.

I know things will work out one way or another. I know I need to focus on the basics and keep plodding on. And I am and I will, itís just all a bit yucky and uncomfortable.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 05:28:23 AM »
Focusing on the basics and plodding on is such a good way of putting it. I completely get that. Slowly wins the race. But we have to keep reminding ourselves to just keep going, one step forward. Youíll get there  :hug2:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 12:45:55 PM »
Thank you Skye xx

Step one done; booked 12th off work. Just need to rearrange/cancel therapy that day when I see psychologist tomorrow.

I really think an hour at a time is the best approach right now. Any more future thinking just overwhelms me.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 12:59:15 PM »
Psychologist was actually really helpful with the PIP stuff. She is writing me a supporting letter to take with me saying what difficulties I have, what I can and canít cope well with and my risk levels when I become unwell (ie Suicide risk and SH). She also gave me details of a charity which help with PIP stuff called DIAL who she said she knows are really helpful. Oh and she was fine about me not having therapy next week and said it wonít count as one of the 8 sessions as Iíve given her notice.

Iíve been assigned a Psychiatrist as my CC and my support worker is off possibly long term sick so I donít really have a point of call for support at the moment, but she has assured me that if I ring duty team there will always be someone to talk to.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 03:58:13 PM »
Good luck with PIP-some people do get through ok without too much agro. You have lots of evidence and profs on your side. Crapita didn't give me much notice either!  :fryingpan: Do you have someone to go with you?

I imagine that you feel a little better knowing that therapy isn't going to be messed up!  :hug1: :hug2:
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »
Thanks xx

Iím pretty sure my itís my mums day off on 12th so I could ask her to come. But I discussed it with psychologist and I think Iíd be more comfortable going alone. I think having someone there would stress me more. But I might ask her if she wants to meet me for lunch after.

Iím hoping that because Iíve had indefinite middle rate DLA the past 6 or so years and my diagnosis hasnít changed in that time itíll be easier to transition onto PIP. Although obviously thatís expecting CRAPITA to use common sense!  ::)

Whatever happens it will be ok. I will survive and people will be there to help be it emotionally or practically. Psychologist has suggested carrying something with me that I can hold or just feel the texture of to ground me if my thoughts start to wander toward the worst case scenario stuff. I have an engraved St Christopher pendant which I could keep in my pocket so Iíll try that.

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2019, 05:49:37 PM »
I carry a pebble in my pocket. There are several dotted around the house now, just ones Iíve chosen from nice places or that feel nice in my hand. I was very sceptical to begin with but I find them really grounding and really helpful in pulling my attention back to what I need to do for myself in that moment  :)

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
I can understand that, it can be more difficult to speak openly if someone else is there but it's also very intense. Maybe she could wait outside just in case things get too much?

I carry seashells with me because I like the different textures, smooth one one side, ridged on the other. :)
I don't know if this will help but I find it helpful to wear a hat because I can pull it down and cover my eyes if I get really anxious and I somehow feel saferwith a hat on.

Good luck.  :hug1: :hug2:
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
Thanks guys xx

I thought about asking someone to come, but I really donít want anyone there. Even in the building or to travel there with. I know itís a bit strange, but Iíd be way more anxious if I had company. Iíd rather go alone, leave alone then meet someone later in a completely separate place.

Iím not actually worried about the assessment part. Itís one of those things that Iíll just compartmentalise in my brain and be a bit detached from. Iím worried more about the consequences of any decision they make, but the actual assessment Iím not worried about. Which is maybe a bit strange. I donít know. Anyhow this time tomorrow the assessment part will be over and Iíll just have to try not to dwell on what might be, decision wise.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »
That sounds like normal thinking to me.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'