Author Topic: Just need to speak (tw?)  (Read 57 times)

Offline hmy001

• First posts
Just need to speak (tw?)
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:29:15 PM »
Hi, very new and in a bit of a pickle.
I haven't sh in about 2 years - but oh my lord my brain is so fixated on it right now and its taking up a lot of my thoughts and all I know that they will go away. But it's all I want to do - I know that I will feel better whilst the pain is still there. I'm minorly terrified as to why and how these thoughts have suddenly reappeared. And I'm not sure what to do - no one really knows it exists as a thing in my life so didn't want to freak anyone out - hence the slight rant here.
I hope that everyone is having a lovely evening!
Hx

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
Re: Just need to speak (tw?)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:28:18 PM »
 :welcomeani1:  These feelings often come and go, but you're doing well not to act on your urges. Do you use the distractions at all - these can help get through the times when it's hardest to resist them. Some distractions can be found here: http://nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16069.0
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Just need to speak (tw?)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 07:44:12 AM »
Hey  :waves:

Has anything changed in your life recently that may have triggered these urges?

The thought of s/h and what it gives you can be tempting; as you say you know you’ll get a release/ relief to begin with. What happens for you though once the pain goes/ initial relief passes? For some the relief is quickly replaced by more negative feelings. Could this deter you or help delay you acting in urges maybe?

I hope you got through last night safely.