Author Topic: Safe for now *SH  (Read 78 times)

Offline Kitters

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
Safe for now *SH
« on: May 16, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »
 :maytrigger:

I had an emotional meltdown/panic attack after a disagreement with my partner, and fled to buy tools.
I stayed out in my car as I knew I would use them if I went home, and I would massively upset my partner if I SH'd.

I pulled over somewhere and called a friend and talked meaningless crap for an hour until it was too late to go to the MIU, and went home. I'm pleased I asked for help, but I'm really struggling with intense emotional freak outs atm. I'm awaiting a CMHT assessment, and have a couple of counselling sessions left so I can talk about this next week.

I dunno what I want from this post. Some comfort? Confirmation that I did the right thing? IDK.
Master procrastinator

Occasional Crafter

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: Safe for now *SH
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:15:11 AM »
Sounds like you did really well Kitters.  :hug1:
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”

Online so sad

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:16:14 AM »
Hi

I think you did the right thing. Distraction is a great distress tolerance skill and in doing so you reached out for support. Here is a link to other things you can try https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/distresstolerance.htm

You did so well by not self harming. Unfortunately we all know that s/h works but it also hurts and doesn't always leave us with the best feelings.

Its good you have counselling where you can discuss this.

Did they say how long you'll have to wait for the other assessment?

One of my biggest triggers is disagreements with my partner and my first urge is to hurt myself. You did so well not to give into it.

Huge hugs

x

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:47:31 AM »
You have don really well.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Kitters

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 04:52:05 PM »
Thanks lovely people.

I have counselling on Weds and I'm not sure how long the referral will take, I'm telling myself it's all progress no matter how slow.

Thanks for the link, So Sad! Anything that may help I'll try.
Im still feeling absolutely rotten but I'm keeping busy. Next week is really busy with work, so I should hopefully stay safe for a while (unless all the work overwhelms me LOL)

:hug1:
Master procrastinator

Occasional Crafter

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 12:18:27 PM »
Keep strong. You are doing well.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'