Author Topic: Starting therapy *trig SH* *PTSD*  (Read 833 times)

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: Starting therapy *trig SH* *PTSD*
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 02:24:19 PM »
Just saw this after replying on other thread.
My therapist does EMDR. My GP mentioned that before I started looking. First stage is getting me safer. The small me is very, very small indeed so very frightened.
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 09:09:40 PM »
No SH today.... yet. Want to. Feeling alone. Mr PB does his best. He has PTSD (near death motorcycle accident) so can relate to a certain extent. Having my diagnosis has certainly helped communication. But he does find my need to constantly prove I deserve to exist difficult to understand.

In bed. Mr PB in room between me and tool.
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 10:48:21 AM »
Scared myself this morning.
Tried to see a GP. Any GP. Couldn’t get through. Needed to talk. Not sure what about.
Gave up. C**. No deeper than before, but more b***d. Definitely grounded me. For a bit.
Have steristrips so have fixed myself up. Mr PB has got me out of house.
Desire returning.
No point trying GP. Will be fully booked.
Getting worse and worse.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
Could you try calling for a call back or get in on an emergency appointment
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 01:12:16 PM »
Can’t get emergency one. They would just say go to the walk in. I am not at risk enough to need crisis. Might try again tomorrow.
Feeling more in control now.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 05:33:26 PM »
More in control is a good thing.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 10:07:27 AM »
Seem to have reopened a c** whilst making another.
Went to GP. Noone I could talk to was working. No point seeing one if I have to start from the beginning. Won’t help. Have a GP I saw last week phoning. That might help. Just want to curl up in bed.
Forcing myself to keep to the plan of meeting a friend / co-worker for coffee this morning.
Wrote a to do list like amazing GP has helped me do in the past.
Tomorrow therapy

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 12:31:44 PM »
Accessed some funding.
25 sessions paid for. Can’t believe it.

Offline jackgrillo

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Totally King of Rainbow!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »
That’s amazing; that must be a relief.

Did you get your injury seen to, even if not talked to one of the GPs?
:13328: <-- gregory
:13328: <-- that one was given to me by chihiro

I like walking in the rain because then nobody can see me cry

Offline purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
Covered. GP phoned. Didn’t tell her. Haven’t actually looked since this morning. Suppose I should.