Author Topic: What do people think?  (Read 63 times)

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
What do people think?
« on: March 21, 2019, 12:51:30 PM »
It worries me. Makes me squirm. All the stuff Iíve talked to the psychologist, GP about. My mental health and relating issues.

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: What do people think?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 01:37:42 PM »
Sometimes I worry. I try not to think about it.
At the end of my last 2 series of sessions with 2 different therapists of differing specialties they thanked me for trusting them enough to share what I did. And I have access to my GP notes. She never writes anything other than meds. I worry more about nosy receptionists....
ďPooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.Ē

Online sniper

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • "Stop asking if I'm OK, Im tired of lying"
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 06:20:14 PM »
I get paranoid about what Iíve said being passed on to people I donít really know. And because no one really listens to what they say, I get worried they saying the wrong things about whatís going on.

With the topics Iíve discussed with various people, I kind of wish I can take it all back. I seem to trust them at the time but when home, I regret it but itís already said.  :hug1:
"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says.....I survived!"

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 07:02:45 PM »
Actually thinking about it, I worry more about things Iíve said when Iím in a bad state and there is no expectation of confidentiality. Sometimes I donít remember what I have told people.
ďPooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.Ē

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 04:31:26 AM »
I know in my head  Iíve done the right thing. I grew up with an enforced Ďtell no one amythingí. To get better I had to break that rule and Iím total itís taken me since I knew there was a problem about 15 years. On the last 2 I have overcome it with a huge amount of support and time for trust to be built. Iím relieved to have talked. I just have this small but strong force left within me of negative and fearful feelings of the consequences of sharing.

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 07:03:27 AM »
 :hug2:

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 04:02:58 PM »
I think that we sometimes put shame on things when there really doesn't need to be- how many people blame themselves for abuse when it's not their fault? We might think that something is shameful when it really isn't especially when talking to professionals who hear all sorts. The only reason information is shared is if you're at risk or require follow up treatment and it's still confidential. If you really don't want things shared they wont be unless there's an immediate risk to you.  :hug2:
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027: