Author Topic: CPTSD / Emotional Flashbacks *trig SH, ED, Sui*  (Read 202 times)

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
Re: CPTSD / Emotional Flashbacks *trig SH, ED, Sui*
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 01:12:01 PM »
It's difficult to be on any waiting list, but realistically the NHS is under resourced, so try not to be frustrated at them, because it's the best that they can do. Don't forget that lots of people are on long waiting lists for physical conditions too, and yes, money/private insurance shorten that waiting list by taking the private route. MH isn't really any different in that respect.

There is an option of therapy in sight, and I imagine that that fact in itself must offer some encouragement, even if you have to keep muddling through meanwhile. I do understand that your flashbacks are horrible, but you can get through this period.
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: CPTSD / Emotional Flashbacks *trig SH, ED, Sui*
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 07:07:30 PM »
Being married to an amputee, I am only too aware of the situation re NHS and physical conditions. Getting a usable prosthetic has proved impossible. And then we had to pay for an electric chair.

Problem is NHS in my area won’t provide therapy until I can stop SH, but the SH keeps me functioning. Even if I do stop, there is no guarentee they will be able to provide me with therapy. There are no “open ended” therapy options which is what CPTSD needs.

GP says she can see that I feel abandoned by the system, but she will see me for as long as I need, and we are still workling on how we move forward.

Just so frustrating.
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”