Author Topic: PTST *trig SH*  (Read 469 times)

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: PTST *trig SH*
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
Oh dear that sucks.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 02:20:19 PM »
It does....6 hours in the car tomorrow so I need to get it sorted. As usual, reception was cagey when I asked to speak to her as she isn’t on calls today, I hope they give her the message because I know she will phone if she gets it.
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 02:58:40 PM »
Good luck with that

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 04:57:48 PM »
My GP is a star  :1025:
She phoned, and apologised for taking a while (less than 3 hours - not bad in doctor world) She says it isn’t the sleeping tablets, just dealing with the discussion we had yesterday. And to take it steady.

Still struggling with it.
cPTSD
The clue is in name  .... complex
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »
So...
This is all doing my head in. Probably over thinking. I’m good at that.
Been doing some reading around cPTSD and it just describes all the issues I have had. This could have been recognised 30 years ago. That could have saved me so much. And possibly stopped the SH even starting.

I know, “what if” just doesn’t do any good. Need to work from where I am. Can’t express the emotions. Just don’t have words.
Cut a lot yesterday. Managed not to today.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 08:41:59 PM »
Bless you  :hug2:

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 12:17:55 PM »
Starting to feel like knowing this is going to make no difference at all. As jackgrillo so rightly says, I am still the person I was when I woke up Wednesday morning.

I can see that it fits exactly. And it is still nice to know there is a name for it.

But ultimately it isn’t going to change the treatment optionsI have. IAPT still are unlikely to consider seeing me. I have had my quota. I can’t really afford to go private. So it is still up to me to muddle along with the help of my GP.

I am still comvinced that something awful will happen if I dare to think things are getting better. And I must have done something to deserve the treatment by my parents. My sister must be a better person that me to be supported despite her negative behaviour being bi-polar. Since she was allowed to bully me I mustn’t have deserved to be loved. So I still don’t.

My head is going to explode soon.

Need a duvet. But apparently I am a survivor so I shall put on a mask for functioning in the world and so no one knows how horrid the person behind it is

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »
ok....
so emotional flashbacks are a thing.
and I have them. Big time.
I don’t know what to do with this.
It all feels so real. It is real I guess. I need help with this.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 08:52:48 AM »
Hcould you try asking for help again?

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »
Will see GP again on Wednesday. Although limited time wise, she does seem to be the first person who actually hears what I am saying. Will see what she says. I think the “no help till SI stops” will remain. And understanding why hasn’t stopped it.
But I did buy little me (who actually has a different name from adult me cause I changed my name by deed poll/ a few years ago) a small Steiff cat that she wanted. Trying to recognise her existence more. I think that is positive. Doing all this by reading.