Author Topic: just want to SH *trig SH ED alcohol  (Read 795 times)

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: just want to SH *trig SH ED alcohol
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 05:18:27 PM »
Bless you. Do you need medical attention?
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 07:26:26 PM »
Thanks for checking
no. Very rarely do. Just cuts on top of cuts.
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 07:55:58 PM »
Bless you. Take care.

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »
Off to Quaker Meeting.
One friend there knows. Not strong enough to leave tool at home.
“Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.”

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 02:51:00 PM »
How was your meeting?

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 03:55:46 PM »
Meeting was good, but emotionally challenging. Stopping in the quiet often is. But it is a supportive environment.
Faced my anger head on. Could almost see it. Big b**ning ball. And acknowledged how scary it is.
But someone ministered about a past difficulties often being what makes you strong. Useful.
Did get too much and I cut -
red tears of anger.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »
Bless you. Sounds like you could do with some form of therapy to be able to talk about the triggers in your life. You sound so overwhelmed.

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 06:06:34 PM »
My GP tried to refer me to IAPT for more therapy. I saw them a few years ago and improved my understanding a lot. Managed to stop SH for a bit. Then had this recent crisis. IAPT have said that therapy is “not appropriate” because I clearly “didn’t respond” and I am currently self harming.

I am really, really lucky. I have an amazing GP whois seeing me every week for about half an hour. She believes in me. She doesn’t worry about the SH. Says I will stop when I am ready. Addressing the anger and sadness is important. In fact generally feeling is a good plan. Need to learn how.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »
Iapt were good with me. Then they referred me to cmht when I got too much for them. Have you thought about a private counsellor?

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 07:30:48 PM »
The person who I saw at IAPT was amazing. Got a lot done and had more that the requisite 16 sessions. I am not considered unwell enough for CMHT. No funds for private counselling.

I have to admit this bout of SH is bad, but I am learning about emotions again. My emotional needs were ignored when I was growing up (to quote IAPT counsellor my childhood was “traumatic and disruptive” and I never felt safe) Then just as I was learning to trust people and share emotions I lost 2 of the people I loved most, so I shut down. So we are dealing with many, many years of burying everything.

So, my GP thinks going back over all this is unnecessary. I tend to agree. She says I need to learn to process emotions and let them go. I “just” need to learn not to let them scare me.