Author Topic: canít stop *trig SH*  (Read 629 times)

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: canít stop *trig SH*
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 08:48:43 AM »
It says coping mechanism. It helps you to deal with the stuff in your head.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 10:14:14 AM »
It does indeed help me cope. Had a much better time last night after using it to clear my head.
But why couldnít I choose a way that doesnít involve self injury? I know it is a stupid way so why wonít  I stop? I feel I should be able to use the strategies that have been suggested but when it comes to having urges I seem to give in quickly. Itís like I know I will at some point once they start. Already planning for later to stay awake for last of the theatre visits.
ďPooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.Ē

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »
Think I am in a negative circle of self criticism at the moment. Probably something recognisable to many. Going to try and take a step out of it and look for some positive points.
We are away from home and it isnít raining....
ďPooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.Ē

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 05:17:41 AM »
Responding to the much appreciated comments and reading back the responses helped me to recognise how my head was going round and round the negative and how increasingly self critical I was getting.

Managed to keep busy yesterday and tried really hard to keep an eye on what I was doing rather than the demons fighting in my head. Still cut and it got me through another play without falling asleep, but I really enjoyed the play, and am trying not to judge myself too harshly.

Still donít know how to get myself to stop but if my GP doesnít judge, I shouldnít.....

Baby steps.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 10:10:09 AM »
It is baby steps. Talking on here is a help. Have you looked at the resources on the main site

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
Talking on here definitely helps. I do feel really alone with this. The only times I talk to about cutting is with my GP and the self injury support help line when I can get through. My husband and a couple of friends are aware, but I never talk about it with them. Donít want to admit how often it is happening at the moment.

After your last reply I had another look at some of the resource threads. A bit overwhelming to be honest. As I cut if I feel overwhelmed, I got a bit scared.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »
That's ok. Take your time with it

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
Safely home. Managed not to cut today. That is an achievement.

Offline Axia

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • May dragons take flight in your dreams tonight...
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 11:06:13 PM »
Be proud of yourself  :hug1:
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. x

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 10:03:53 AM »
That is good.