Author Topic: canít stop *trig SH*  (Read 715 times)

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: canít stop *trig SH*
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2019, 07:13:44 AM »
Thanks for supportive comments.
Struggling this morning.
Made a list. Isnít as long as yesterdayís which is good. Need to get started on it soon to keep my mind occupied. Done shower and breakfast at least.
Know how to get myself going, but really want to have another day without cutting.
Minute by minute....
ďPooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.Ē

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »
Bless you. You are doing really well. Don't overload yourself
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2019, 10:19:52 PM »
Made it to 6 p.m.
Then overwhelmed. Wasnít sure why. Had a good 2 days. Did all I meant to do again, and felt the past 2 days had been pretty good really.
Ended up phoning Self Injury Support. Got through first time which is unusual, but well timed. Was a useful half hour - finally put into words what I have been unable to share .... flute practise is pushing me to self harm quite often. This is scary. Flute is my life. I am starting to play as well as I was doing before the SH started 4 years ago, but that means playing causes emotions to surface, and sometimes they are overwhelming. That was what happened today.
Stuck. Need to play. Would be miserable if I stopped. Also how I earn my living.
But I also want to stop SH. I think. 
See GP tomorrow
ďPooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people look at it.Ē

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
My GP says no pressure. Iíll stop when Iím ready. This is not the approach I have had in the past. Is so nice to hear.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:42 AM »
Bless you. Happy it went well with your gp.

Online purplebutterfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2019, 09:29:56 PM »
After todayís appointment with my GP I have a better understanding of why I turned to SH to cope. My GP telling me I will stop when I am ready has been really helpful. I realise that at the moment I need it, but the intelligent bit of me knows that stopping would be a sensible goal at some point.

So anyone reading this thread who has managed to stop, what made you decide to?  My cuts have never been dangerous - enough to bleed, and sometimes requiring streistrips, but controlled because I just need some pain and blood. So, altough not the best way to deall with the emotions, it is one that works. I havenít learnt how to feel and then let it go.  The idea of stopping is frightening

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2019, 09:37:50 PM »
It is hard to stop. I have managed to stop. It is also addictive