Author Topic: *Trig SH/SI* - I don't have a reason, but I feel like I need to  (Read 73 times)

Offline CaitSithArcher

• First posts
*Trig SH/SI* - I don't have a reason, but I feel like I need to
« on: September 10, 2018, 10:25:07 PM »
Sometimes I feel like I want to self harm and there is a very distinct reason. Something, or some group of things causing me to want to self harm...
...but often I feel like I want to self harm for no reason at all. It's not because I'm used to self harming, because I do it very infrequently, , it's just that I feel like I need to be injured... like I'm happier that I have the marks there, I'm happier that I have to cover them up with a bandage. It's like I like I want to be injured, and it feels right...

Idk where this post is going...

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: *Trig SH/SI* - I don't have a reason, but I feel like I need to
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:36:40 AM »
Sometimes when we self harm it's gives us a reason to self care that we would normally not allow ourselves. If you have a physical injury there is something wrong, something to look after. We are not so good at doing this for our mental health.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: *Trig SH/SI* - I don't have a reason, but I feel like I need to
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
I find that SH can be a physical representation of feelings that I can't make sense of and a physical wound is easier to deal with. There is probably a reason there somewhere even if you can't identify it,
RIP Columbus :bunny: :1027:
August 22nd 2018