Author Topic: More of the same... (trigs, SH, Sui)  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: More of the same... (trigs, SH, Sui)
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »
Your not the only one who has trouble taking meds...  :blushing1:.
Hopefully there'll be a simple solution for your hormone issues. Fingers crossed for you.

I hope your appts go well this afternoon.  :hug1:
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 07:34:28 PM »
How did this afternoon's appointments go?
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »
Thanks guys xx xx

It was an interesting appointment, and Iíd say a pretty positive one. My psych said while there is no denying I have a mood and thought disorder he also thinks meds have a very limited affect on me. He thinks that taking APs on a long term basis wonít benefit me that much and that it would be better to just use them during crisis/relapses. So that said Iím going to take half the dose of the AP for the next 6 weeks and then stop them. He thinks that talking therapy is definitely the way forward for me and is hopeful that seeing the psychologist will help.

Work has been much better recently and I feel like Iím achieving stuff now and being a productive member of the team. I feel like Iím identifying the areas which I do best in and tailoring my job role to play on those strengths. Things with my manager are still not brilliant (after our Ďaffairí type thing) but are getting easier to cope with.

Hormone wise my psych viewed my medical records and said my hormone levels arenít actually too bad, but he thinks seeing a gynaecologist would be a good thing. Fingers crossed they will level themselves out.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2018, 07:50:26 PM »
Sounds quite positive for you. It's a shame about the meds though. I hope that you are ok coming off them.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »
It makes sense to reduce/stop the meds if they're not helpful especially given the problems they're causing. I hope the withdrawal isn't too bad for you. Perhaps the hormone issues will sort themselves once you've stopped the meds.

I'm glad that work is getting easier too, a stressful workplace really takes it's toll. It sounds like thongs with the manager will get easier over time and will get to the point where it's like nothing has happened. At least you don't have to leave a job that you like.

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »
Arrrr Iím getting mixed messages from the professionals in my care. I saw my GP today and she was not impressed at all at my psych reducing my AP and said she doesnít think it should be stopped in 6 weeks time. She said it was very likely Iíd end up unwell again. So I spoke to my support worker today and she said that I have a say in my care and meds and that I can stay on the AP for longer if I think I need to and that just because the psych plans on reducing then stopping it I can ask for it to be restarted any time. I donít even know what I think will be best. My CPN was supposed to send me an appointment to see her, but she hasnít so support worker is going to chase it up.

Been on annual leave yesterday and today and again tomorrow. Itís been nice having a few days off but Iíll be quite happy to get back to work and my usual weekday routine. Yesterday I took all my old winter coats, hats and scarves to a homeless drop in centre. Today Iíve had coffee and cake out with my mum and tomorrow Iím going to Bristol for the day to do some Christmas shopping. Iíve also been invited to my old work place Christmas meal on Friday which was lovely of them to include me. My own work Christmas party is on Dec 1st.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2018, 05:24:54 PM »
That's the trouble with MH, treatment can vary because it's more complex than physical things. I'd say see how you feel on the lower dose and be honest about things, that way they'll be able to see if you get unwell and you can go back up to the other dose if you need to.

Sounds like you have lots of nice things to look forward to ( No Christmas talk yet though, see my picture!  ::P:).

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2018, 05:41:31 PM »
Absolutely - nothing is written in blocks of stone, and keeping you well on all fronts is the name of the game. See how you go at each stage.

Last time I took my old clothes to the homeless centre, they gave me a better set to take home  :whistle:
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »
It is never good when you get mixed messages. You just want everyone to be on the same page
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2018, 09:53:33 PM »
Iíve been a bit tearful the last few days and a bit panicky and on edge for no real reason. Iíve woke up in an inexplicable panic a few times in the night recently which is horrid. The other night I woke up feeling like I was being strangled.

Itís my work Xmas party on Saturday. Itís in a city an hour and a half away (company are paying for a taxi for our branch to get there, the other branches are based close to the venue). Iím sure it will be fun, but Iím a bit worried because Iíve got no way of leaving early (taxi bringing us all back at midnight). I know I should definitely not get drunk because my head isnít in the best place but Iím worried Iíll start off just having a couple but get carried away and drink too much. Im worried that if I drink too much then Iíll say something inappropriate, and Iím worried Iíll come home and get overly emotional on my own. My support worker gave me a crisis card today and made me promise to ring on Saturday night if I come home and feel bad.