Author Topic: Anxiety induced neck pain.  (Read 86 times)

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Anxiety induced neck pain.
« on: August 15, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »
So this is a recurring thing but it's been a lot worse lately.

When I'm stressed I tend to tense my neck and hunch my shoulders which leads to awful neck pain. This bout has lasted nearly a week, the pain is both sides and the back of my neck and travels down to my shoulder blàdes. I also get,headaches. If it's no better by next week or gets really severe I'll go to the doctors but does any remedies I could try in the meantime? I'm using Cocodamol, heat, I've bought new pillows and I've tried pain reliever gels as per the pharmacists advice. Any more ideas? Please?
RIP Columbus :bunny: :1027:
August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: Anxiety induced neck pain.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »
Massage possibly? Long soaks in a hot bath.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »
I’ve experienced this before. I always get it really bad if I drive on the motorway.

I know a lot of people struggle with the idea of massages, but honestly it can help so much. I was luckily recommended a really lovely massage therapist who put me at ease straight away and had cured my chronic neck and shoulder pain within a few sessions.

A soak in a warm bath might help also (if you have a bath available) and lots of people swear by putting Epsom salts in the water. It’s not too expensive and should be quite easy to find.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 01:47:07 AM »
Have you tried 4head? It is mostly for headaches but, I've found if I am tense and I notice it can help me to relax the area or pay more attention to the position I'm in
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »
Thank you  :hug1: :hug2:.

I think I'd struggle with a massage because I don't like people touching me much but if it works I might try to push myself. Is it expensive?

I've always thought things like Epsom salts were more mostly a placebo but if they're cheap it won't hurt to try them.

I'll check out 4head but I'll have to make sure there's no ibuprofen in it.

Thank you. :)
August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »
Hope you find something that works for you.

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
4head doesn’t have ibuprofen in it, or any other painkillers. It’s menthol based. A touch of vicks vaporub could have a similar effect, but 4head doesn’t smell quite as strong and goes on easier. I find the white tiger balm helps too, that one is also menthol based.

I think my massages were approx £40 a session, which admittedly is pricey, but it only took a couple of sessions to feel a real difference. My massage therapist was really good, in that she didn’t make me go more often than needed to make herself more money. I didn’t feel ripped off by her at all. I went back for a one off session a few months later as I had a niggle, and just that one massage was enough to stop it getting bad again.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 07:07:14 PM »
If they're menthol based then I'll give them a try, it's just a shame that they stink!

Massages are quite pricy but it's good to know that they work if I get desperate.

Thanks for the info :).
August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 07:17:49 PM »
I hope some of this helps you.