Author Topic: How do you talk...  (Read 71 times)

Offline lilym123

• First posts
How do you talk...
« on: August 15, 2018, 05:28:49 PM »
Hiya, I suffer with severe anxiety and depression, one of my main issues is social anxiety, I work myself up over the smallest things like talking to my friends, it really frustrates me, I have tried breathing techniques but they just don't work, anyone have any other suggestions that might help in social situations?

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: How do you talk...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:16:19 PM »
For me I find that knowing that I can escape helps, I carry an Ecig so that I can say that I'm going for a vape if I need to get away. If possible I also keep busy by making tea/coffee or washing up etc
 You could also try having something to fiddle with to help with the restless feeling, I use elastic bands or sometimes I keep something squishy in my hands that I can squeeze or something textured that I can feel. It's also a good idea to counselling to help in the long term, some counsellors offer online services which might help.
RIP Columbus :bunny: :1027:
August 22nd 2018

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: How do you talk...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 01:45:02 AM »
Have you tried set scripts? I've found them really helpful to be part of a conversation at the beginning when I am most nervous.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”