Author Topic: Mood starting to go other way.  (Read 1147 times)

so sad and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2018, 08:37:17 PM »
Hopefully. I am just really worried about finances. I know I cannot budget.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »
Are things looking a bit better now? It'll take some time to sort it out so is there anything in place to keep you going in the meantime?  :hug2:
Frankly Autocorrect, I'm rather sick of your bull shirt.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2018, 08:07:19 PM »
I have some savings in at the moment. I have stopped going to some of my groups to reduce my costs. Also trying to be more aware of a budget when I go shopping. I am finding it really difficult to control my money. Not sure if I can manage it long term. I am worried about my future and even considered going to live with my mum but that would involve losing a lot of my stuff like my sofa, fridge freezer, cooker etc. I would also lose some of my pets as my mum Sait she would limit me to one cage. I have been a little low about my pip. So far I have managed to get 2 supporting letters, one from the cpn, one from the agency that provides my support workers. I should also get a letter from work, and a letter from the gp. I see an advisor on Friday who is going to help me fill out my mandatory reconsideration.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2018, 09:32:32 PM »
I hope the mandatory reconsideration works for you, I'm glad that you have some help. Fingers crossed.

Could you get some help r.e budgeting? I find it helpful to make a list when I do shopping and I do it online so that I know exactly how much I'm spending. I don't know if that helps?

How are you managing without groups? I know that you find it difficult to be alone, it's do unfair that you've had to stop going.  :hug1:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2018, 11:47:39 PM »
I have been spending time in bed hiding away from the world. I have felt low and lost. My sister thinks my depression could be starting to creep back in and told me to go out and see my mum so I don't slop back into bed and wallow.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2018, 07:44:21 AM »
I think your sister is right  :hug2:. It's not just the money side but it's that feeling that your problems have been dismissed as though it's no big deal even though they affect our whole lives. The whole process has had a detrimental affect on me, I have literal scars as well as emotional ones from the process. I hate that you have to go through the same  :hug1: :hug1:.
Would it help to see your mum more often, at least until this is sorted? Are there any free groups that you could try?
It might be worth talking to the council about your HB too, they might be able to help. My local council can do "discretionary housing payments', maybe yours does. You could also try CAB and get a benefit check to make sure that your getting everything that you're entitled to.  :hug1: :hug2:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »
Still feeling a bit ick today. I think I will need to talk to cab. See what else I could possibly claim to help me out. It is stressing me out. My sister is worried that I am starting to go depressed again.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »
It's understandable that you'd feel down right now, I hate that you've been made to feel like this. Try and get to CAB quicklime, they might offer drop in sessions that you can attend without an appointment.

Make sure that you stay in touch with people and try not to withdraw from things, make sure your CPN knows how you're feeling too, she can keep an eye on you. Are you managing to eat OK? Are you keeping on top of the basics? Do you still see your PAs?

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2018, 05:32:41 PM »
I have had to withdraw from things as I cannot afford to go to them anymore. Such as my knitting group costs me 5 in petrol to get to. My art group probably coats around 4, Monday club on a Wednesday 4 petrol and 5 for the activity, horse riding is 16.50 a session and whatever it costs me in petrol. I need to save money somewhere. I don't have the skills to budget. I am keeping some of my groups. The closer ones, ones where I can get support, etc. I am even cutting back on seeing friends as they live so far away and won't come and see me. I have been a bit better over the weekend as work has distracted me. Also others have been upset at work which has helped change my focus. I am hoping to see the advisor next week. I see my cpn on Wednesday. I am seeing my pas though one is on holiday and we got cover instead.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2018, 06:37:24 PM »
Horse riding seems to be the most expensive - missing out on that for a while might help you keep up with your other activities. Keeping the groups which you feel are supporting you are the ones that you should concentrate on, and with the help from your advisor and cpn, you might end up with a workable fix.
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid