Author Topic: feel alone  (Read 773 times)

Offline Swish

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
feel alone
« on: March 30, 2018, 04:26:37 AM »
So tonight after trying to call friends to talk to i emailed the police and they got me some help.  Took me to a and e and the doc gave me stronger diazepam

None of my friends answered my calls.

I am suicidal but wouldnt have told them that just a voice at the end of the phone for 2 minutes  would have helped

:sign0085:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: feel alone
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 07:30:46 AM »
I am sorry that they didn't answer your calls. Happy you got some help though.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 10:17:18 AM »
It's hard at that time of night - most other people are perhaps asleep or their mobiles are switched off for the night.
Are you going to get some more support about your feelings so you're not put in this position again?
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Offline Swish

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »
I e-mailed my psychiatrist on Thursday evening telling her I was suicidal and needed an appt. for April.  She was obviously off for Easter and got back to me today but I was away from my desk when she called and left a voicemail.  I don't get a good signal at work in anywhere private so I did not get to phone her back.  By the time I got home the office was closed and she had left another voicemail on my phone asking me to phone her secretary.  Not sure how I am going to manage to call.

I am meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow in my break.  She has bipolar so understands my mental health problems so hopefully it will help to talk to her a bit.  Not really sure what to do

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 10:38:10 AM »
I hope you can get through to the psych. If you need to talk to them in work just be vague, that's what I always do. If you just say that you can't talk too much because you're at work the psych will understand and you'll just be able to book an appt. If anyone questions you just say it's a personal medical appt, which is not a lie but also suitably vague.
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Offline Swish

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »
Thank you for your reply.  I  managed to speak to my psychiatrist at lunchtime.  She offered me an appt. for this afternoon but felt it was too soon to take time off work so in the meantime I am on enhanced access to get into the ward overnight if I struggle this evening and have an appt. with her at 12.30 tomorrow.

I told work and the staff partner said that I have to think of my health at this moment as the firm knows only too well with two people being taking in for serious illnesses in the last week how important health is, but they have leakamia and a stroke so that feels real not someone like me with mental heal problems.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »
That's is good that you managed to speak to her. Good luck. Let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow.

Offline Swish

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 07:53:46 AM »
I phoned the ward last night about enhanced access to get admitted and was told rudely I was not on the list.  I have contacted work so won't be in this morning until I see what my psych says at 12.30

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 08:22:03 AM »
Good luck with your pysch. Sorry the ward was rude to you

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 04:49:37 PM »
What did your psych say? I hope he/she helped.
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027: