Author Topic: Iím ok, but....  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Iím ok, but....
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2018, 07:28:33 PM »
 :) x

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2018, 11:21:00 PM »
That's good to read :). Work on your recovery and go back to work when you're ready.   :hug2:
RIP my beautiful Columbus, you're at peace now. :bunny: :1027:

August 22nd 2018

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2018, 03:35:59 PM »
Iíve been meaning to post since my work meeting on Friday but havenít been able to put into words how I felt about it. It went well, at least thatís what the employment worker thought. I found it really awkward and uncomfortable. My employer said all the right things but I felt so uncomfortable talking about stuff. He basically said that no one has ever doubted my ability to do the job, and no one has ever complained about my work or attitude. He said he thinks I overthink things and create problems for myself which arenít really there. He said if Iím worried about how Iím doing with work stuff or if I think Iíve done something wrong I need to ask people outright and not keep it to myself and then over worry about what people Ďmightí be thinking. I know that is definitely something I need to work on.

Anyhow my job is safe, and they are apparently looking forward to me coming back on 29th.

I am seeing my old recovery worker on Weds and CPN on Thurs. I need to talk to them about how I can cope better with asking for help, and how I can have more self confidence and self esteem.

Iím dog sitting my mums dog this afternoon so have had lots of doggy cuddles. Iím quite tense at the moment so pet therapy is helping me calm down.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2018, 04:44:37 PM »
Dogs always help. I am happy that your meeting went well. It does sound positive. We do tend to overthink things and think we are no good enough and that our jobs are not safe because of it.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »
You've done so well  :hug2:  overthinking is an easy trap to fall into, we all do it. It really sounds like you are respected and valued at work, they are lucky to have you x

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2018, 03:31:36 PM »
Thank you for listening xx xx

Iím not having a good day today. I got up about 9.30, but went to bed again at 11. Only got up again at 2pm. Iíve not done the whole hiding in bed thing for a while. Iíve not even taken my morning meds yet.

I donít know why today feels so hard. Iím struggling with the lack of structure to my days while Iím off work, but Iím also panicking a lot about going back. Iíve been trying to set myself small goals of things to do each day, but Iím losing hours just staring into space.

Iím seeing my recovery worker tomorrow, so hoping she can help me cope a bit better.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2018, 03:45:55 PM »
I hope thing go well with recovery worker.ita ok to have bad days. Just rest through them and remember tomorrow is another day. I would also try and take your morning meds.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »
+1 to Tucan.

It's ok to not be ok. Bed is a comfort, I totally get that .... and you've been up more than in bed so don't worry x

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2018, 05:11:25 PM »
I finally took my meds at 4pm. I took last nights meds at the right time, but I feel really drowsy today and have struggled to get moving.

Iíve been sat out in my garden the last hour. Been trying to read a book, but Iím so restless I canít settle for long enough to read much.

I am trying to lose weight this week, and Iím craving something sugary to give me some energy. I could let myself have a biscuit, but I know I couldnít stop at one or two and then I would be angry at myself. I could have a banana though, that might help.

Employment support worker phoned earlier but I missed the call. She left a message for me to call her tomorrow to discuss my return to work next week. My mind is swinging wildly from ĎI canít wait to go backí to ĎI never want to go backí

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2018, 05:40:51 PM »
Well done for taking your mess and for getting outside. Mixed feelings are to be expected about going back to work ... try and just stay in the present for now, ground yourself a bit and try not to worry about what's next  :hug2: bananas are great when you need an energy burst, do you like yoghurt and jelly? There are low cal options to fit in with diet/ eating regimes etc. (I'm aware that I'm very good at giving out advice that I'm crap at employing for myself ... sorry  ::-\:)