Author Topic: Iím ok, but....  (Read 2541 times)

Online sniper

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • "Stop asking if I'm OK, Im tired of lying"
Re: Iím ok, but....
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »
So CMHT discharged me because I was doing well (which I understand and agreed with). But I was told I could be fast tracked back if my MH went down hill. Which it has. So I got myself referred back, and they said they thought primary care would be better suited to help me out. They made it sound like I would get some kind of support worker and an indefinite amount of support.

I went to my first appointment yesterday and the lady told me they can only see people 6 times, so I’ve got 5 more times I can see her. How the hell will that help?? I’ve been under psychiatric services for 23 years, I don’t think seeing someone for 30 minutes 6 times will be of any benefit at all??? The lady admitted that CMHT has been scaled back and they have discharged loads of people over the last year. She said you can only be under them if you’re severely unwell and in crisis now. Which is all well and good, but isn’t it better to help stop people getting into crisis??? Primary care lady said I should speak about it with my GP.

I'm sad that you're going through this. I cannot do anything and by the sounds of it, there is not much you can do either.
I'm facing similar difficulties with the MH Services. The "Support" is fundamentally, invisible.
I have always been fearful that they would discharge me because I have tried all resources without any benefit. I have been pleading for discharge now because there is no benefit however, I cannot make it on my own. They are refusing, but don't do anything to help.............? ??????!? ::-\:

I'm wondering if you are feeling like it's been a waste of time by being with the Services and then thrown out? (Just intrigued as that's how I'm feeling in some ways)

I hope that with all these "cut-backs" you will still receive support from somewhere.
I am very sorry if none of this makes sense, I know what I want to say, but I feel it's not being expressed in an effective manner.
I wanted to let you know that I have acknowledged your struggle and I'm facing something a little similar.

Take care
"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says.....I survived!"

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
Thanks x

Hi sniper - I canít really fault how CMHT have been in the past. They were amazing when I was very unwell and went above & beyond on a number of occasions. Saved my life for sure. And I genuinely was in a good place when I got discharged, I was probably the most mentally healthy Iíd been in years.

I feel a bit lost now tho, because Iím really struggling and I donít have that support system to turn to. I thought it would be easy to get support again, given my history and previous experience.

Iím so full of rage again today. Iíve gone off on a rant several times over things that never would have bothered me before. Iím so vile, but I know itís not the real me. Iíve never been this volatile or aggressive. I canít seem to stop myself from getting so wound up or being rude. I hate that I do it and my head is screaming at me to not act like that but I canít seem to stop.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »
That is a horrible feeling when you are irritable. Bless you. Can you walk away and take 5 and tell your managers what is going on at the moment. You are not deliberately going around being rude and short tempered. Unfortunately it is just how you are at the moment. It is part of your illness and it sucks. It feels like you really need to talk to somebody about all.of this.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Online sniper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »
I have always known CMHT to be different. I've had a very rough time with them over the years. I guess it does come down to Counties/Boroughs/Partnerships and individual experiences as to how much they can benefit someone. In my opinion, I believe I hit bad luck, but it does make me question if anyone else that are using the Services, are being treated fairly? From what you have said, it sounds like you had a good batch of people to support you.

I'm sorry if I refused point blank to see that, in your previous post I replied to (With inserted quote). It's just that this is all I've known with the Services, that I guess I didn't know any different.

It must be frustrating to be in the position you're in.

Hoping that things have eased on the irritable/raging side of things. I know myself, that when I'm raging, it's best that people stay out of my way. I get scared of what I could be capable of.

I'm sorry if anything I have said has made things seem worse.

:hug2:
"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says.....I survived!"

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
Donít worry Sniper, I understood what you were saying  :hug2:

Unfortunately it has been that way with CMHTs up & down the country for a long time. I just struck lucky moving here as itís a small town, so used to have plenty of support resources available as not a huge demand. Our local team has been merged now with other teams across the county but there has become less staff and more patients from what I can tell. Itís a shame. I know that the SW I used to see has gone from 5 days a week based on my town, to I think 2 days and the rest in other parts of the county. I think this is why they tried to set me up with primary care, but unfortunately primary care seem to be in the same position now.

I have been a bit better today. It was much calmer and slow paced in work so that helped me to stay calmer. Sometimes work is very fast moving, noisy and demanding and that seems to trigger of my ranting and agitation. I suppose thatís how Iím responding to stress? I have always internalised my stress and taken it out on myself (SH, emotionally berating myself etc....) but Iím getting angry with the world and taking it out on everyone who is near me, which really isnít what I am used to doing.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »
I am.happy that you are now feeling calmer. That is a good step in the right direction.

Online sniper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »
 :hug2:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 04:20:52 PM »
Iím feeling a lot calmer now and less angry. Had a nice weekend and work has been fine today. Only in work for 4 days this week as booked a day off on Friday. Going away for the night on Saturday with a friend (meeting in Cardiff). Next Monday is my birthday. Canít have that day off work so doing the celebrating over the weekend.

I donít know if this is coincidence, but my horrendous mood last week coincided with my period. My hormones have been completely all over the place during the last year while my prolactin level has been reducing back to normal and my contraceptive implant sorts itself out. I really think my bad mood might have been a hormonal thing. I have bad moods, but Iíve never been as angry or rude with it as I was last week. I hope I donít end up like that every month, it was horrible  :no:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 05:08:35 PM »
It could be related to your hormones. I am on the pill as my moods are worse just before my period and after.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 07:11:00 PM »
Does sound plausible. If things are stabilising, you might be able to expect the problem to lessen with time, which would be good. It might also be easier to manage now you know what's behind it, and that it's finite?
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid