Author Topic: Canít keep up with my moods  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Canít keep up with my moods
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2018, 07:44:42 PM »
I've been under primary services in this past; They mostly sign post you to other services/groups etc. Sometimes all we need is a nudge in the right direction and that might be more helpful than CMHT, especially because CMHT can be inconsistent/unreliable.
Re courses, I've attended lots of 'CBT based' courses and I find that they tend to work for milder shirt term problems and aren't much use for the more severe longer term problems. I'm not saying don't bother with them but if you feel that it won't address your problems then make sure that you have other support too.
RIP Clyde - November 25th 2018
RIP Bonnie - November 24th 2018
RIP Columbus - August 22nd 2018
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :1027:

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2018, 08:28:29 PM »
Good luck. That sounds complicated. At least one of the services is looking after you and going to be supporting you.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2018, 07:39:25 PM »
Things are a lot better now. I really feel that the AP is working. Iím still quite tired on it, but Iím so much nicer to be around. Back to my fun self, and Iím calmer and more rational.

I know that the psychiatrist wanted me to come off the APs, and eventually the AD too, but experience tells me that is very unwise. Iíve lived with MH problems my entire adult life and I know that being med free has never ended well. If I can stay stable and live a normal life on meds then what is the point of the Drs trying to get me off them? Itís not just me that is affected by me being mentally unwell, it affects everyone else in my life too. And what the NHS might save in not prescribing me the meds they then have to spend a hell of a lot more helping me out of a crisis.

Hopefully the tiredness will wear off and I wonít put on a load of weight and then I think things will be good again.
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
Re: Can’t keep up with my moods
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2018, 08:01:47 PM »
That's good news to hear. I was surprised at the decision to come off all meds, but it is a natural desire, and you have tried. I think that in general Drs know that long term use of individual meds may have an adverse effect on other things, so perhaps that's their reasoning?

I knew things would get better for you with proper support and your own determination.  :hug2:
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »
That is great news chick. Happy they are working for you

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »
 Glad you are feeling better  :rotflmao:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2018, 05:20:42 PM »
Thank you x

Today has been really stressful in work, but Iíve coped ok and still managed to be smiley. A couple of weeks ago a day like today would have made me crumble. I guess that is a good indication that the meds are helping. Tomorrow looks to be even more stressful at work, and although Iím not looking forward to going in Iím also not a complete nervous wreck about it.

Have also said yes to an offer of going for a meal with friends on Friday evening. Iíve hidden away from social stuff for a while but Iím actually looking forward to this
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »
I am happy that you are moving in the right direction and that the new meds are helping you.

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2018, 10:52:09 AM »
This all sounds good can you plan something nice like a reward to look forward to at the end of your stressful day? Glad you are looking forward to seeing your friends
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2018, 06:34:37 PM »
Thanks x

Thursday turned out to be much less stressful for all of us at work thankfully. I went to the social meal thing last night and really enjoyed it.

Was supposed to see GP next Thursday but it was rearranged by the surgery to today. Saw a different GP (the one from before is off sick, which is why it got rearranged. She was pleased that I was much calmer and not having the suicidal thoughts. Have stayed on the AP at the same dose and am going back in 2 weeks.