Author Topic: Stock piling medication *trig OD* sui  (Read 9413 times)

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Stock piling medication *trig OD* sui
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »
I've kinda just realised today that i have been stock piling my medication for a while now... i emptied my draw where i keep all my medication and didn't realise quite how much i've managed to build up... i have enough to kill myself several times over...

I don't think i'm in danger of OD'ing any time soon really, though i can be really impulsive on occasions.. but i have maddy and maisie to look after, maddy could look after herself if people didn't find me for a few days, but maisie can't and i can't just leave her on her own...

why don't i want to hand them in then? am i just being weird? i don't understand why i can't just hand them in... i can't even tell anyone as they will stop prescribing them and i'll never get the opportunity to build them back up again...

sorry or the ramble just left me feeling vulnerable..
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Stock piling medication *trig OD* sui
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
are you keeping them as an emotional crutch hun? xx  :hug1: :hug1:
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Broken Wings

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Formely Ms Boots
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
Don't be sorry hun,you need to let it out,what better place than here?

Not wierd not at all,totally get where your coming from,have silmar issues surrounding pills and tools myself,i'd say hand them over or just throw them away,could you maybe do that?

Try to stay safe hun masie and maddy need you,and i'm sure there's many others as well.

Take care and keep talking if it's helping  :hug1: :hug2: xx
Sometimes we don't need advice
We just need someone to listen

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 05:10:33 PM »
thanx yeh it's helped just saying it ... thanx for not thinking i'm weird!

yeh FL i guess they are an emotional crutch... hadn't thought of it like that xx

i'm not seeing my CPN for 3 weeks now... so have no-one to hand them in to until then... I'm sure if i phoned her she would say just give them to the chemist or hand them in at the CMHT reception or something, but i dont' think i can bring myself to do it!! i think i would really regret it afterwards...

i don't know... thanx for listening! xx
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
how about a friend hun? xx  :hug1:
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Terrier

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Think FL has a good idea, why not give them to a friend. You don't need all the meds so no good will come from having them.

Maybe trying getting rid of a few at a time so they don't all go at once? You might find that easier.

:doggy:
Maybe Tomorrow.......

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »
i don't really talk to any of my friends about any of this stuff soi wouldn't want to worry them...

the only friend i do talk to about it has mh stuff going on herself so definitely wouldn't be giving her extra medication...

i don't know, i might try and get rid of some of them myself, there's a few that i would feel OK getting rid of... i could start with them... xx

Offline katj

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
I couldnt hand mine over to my cpn all at once so i just took a few every time i saw her - just as many as i thought i could cope without. I was really scared she would say i wasnt safe or something but she saw it as a positive that i could admit i was struggling and ask for help and didnt make me give her more than i could manage.

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »
thanx katj... i will try and speak to her when i see her in three weeks time, the only problem is i think this CBT/DBT women is coming with her so might not get to chat about much really... she seems nice enough tho so will try and talk with her there!...

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
 :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: