Author Topic: its all different now  (Read 1123 times)

Offline bluejon91

• 18+
  • Silver Member
its all different now
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:48:30 PM »
so last night or night before i cant remember what but I SH last night it was different this time though normally I get angry or upset before I do this time i felt nothing and there was no reason. Its like my mind is dealing with how am feeling by suppressing any emotion am having.

Offline bluejon91

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Re: its all different now
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
it does help if i ask the question in the orignal post but guess what am asking is has it all just stopped now its over or is this the eye of the storm and soon something will send me over the edge i try to think how i feel and i dont know.

Offline Dragonfly

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »
Hi Bluejon  :hug2:

Emotional numbness is a strange sensation (if that makes sense). I don't really have much helpful to say I'm afraid, but I have had a similar experience  :trig: there was a phase when my harming was all about anger release and frustration, but it's much less like that now, and the change was quite sudden like you've noticed. Partly I think a change in my circumstances, and partly I think because I started to address some issues. I guess everyone's different, but it could be related to your having reached out for help - that represents a significant change in your situation, and maybe like you said your brain is coping with that the only way it knows.

When do you see your counsellor again? It might be helpful to jot down some of your feelings, or lack of, and questions for next time?

Sorry not v helpful but thinking of you  :hug2: :hug2:
I see your true colours shining through
I see your true colours, that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colours, true colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow

Offline bluejon91

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
am not currently seeing a councillor or anyone at the moment and i don't know if it will last. I keep thinking about it I know if it all falls down  the drain again it will get worse but how do you say you might not be strong enough to do it on your own. I mean I hate this empty feeling its like I should be feeling something and I think what is going to happen when that goes and stops does it just become worse.