Author Topic: Friends and Family Noticeboard  (Read 11212 times)

Offline NSHN Mod Team

• NSHN Moderator
  • Silver Member
Friends and Family Noticeboard
« on: May 12, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
Welcome to the Friends and Family Room.

Please use this forum to discuss ongoing difficulties and problems if someone close to you self harms, for example, if you are a parent, sibling or friend of someone who self harms.

What sort of topics can I post here?
- Asking questions about how to support the person
- Asking questions about services that might be supportive for the person·  
- Worries about talking to the Medical/psych services.
- Please flag posts with appropriate warnings when necessary, e.g.
trig *sui, graphic, OD, SH, sexual content, SA* etc.

Obviously there will be other situations but if your post is in the wrong forum, the moderators will use their own judgment as to suitability for this forum. If you feel more at ease to post anonymously, you may contact a moderator or member of admin and ask them to post a message on your behalf. Only Admin and mods will know it is you posting but we recognise that sometimes, you want to say something that you otherwise might not be able to if people know who is posting. Please be patient whilst using these forums, not everyone is in a position to reply at all times.

What is self harm? http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2693.0

Is there anything I can't post here?

- Please do not post debates or in depth discussion posts here, use the Survivor Forum for such topics.
- Do not post suicide notes or method sharing.
- Please don't 'chat' here. We have general off topic forums for that purpose.
- This is a support forum, personal insults, abuse, racism or threats directed at other members will not be tolerated.
- Posting in small text is not allowed.
- Posting in red font colour is not allowed.
- Do not post pictures of scars or any 'damage' from self harm
- Putting personal details such as your MSN address or phone number in posts is not allowed, this is for your safety.

Moderators or Admin will remove material that is inappropriate.

If you need urgent help or assistance and a quick response, please post in the Crisis Forum. Mods and member will do their best to answer as quickly as possible but we are not around 24/7 so please seek help from the emergency services/appropriate sources if you are in doubt.

Who moderates this room?

The Friends and Family forum moderator is Bea. If you have any problems here, you can send her a personal message. However, any mod will help out if Bea isn't online and you need urgent advice. You can always PM or email one of the Admin team as well.

These forums are regularly 'pruned' and posts over 30 days old will fall off these forums unless they have recently been replied to. Posts that are more than a week old are also liable to be locked to keep the current ones on or near the front page where they get the most attention. If you have any problems please do not hesitate to talk to Warren, or one of the other moderators. We also have some 'buddies' around on the site who can help with some general enquiries.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:12:23 PM by Rob »
jo@samaritans.org
Samaritans 08457 90 90 90

NHS Direct 0845 4647

Offline NSHN Admin

• Standard Member
  • Silver Member
  • Please don't send PMs to this account
Re: Friends and Family Noticeboard
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »

Offline Bea

• NSHN Moderator
  • Usually here
  • No day But Today.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:32:01 PM »
:wave: 

Hi!  I'm Bea and I am one of the NSHN Moderating Team.  I will be looking after the Friends & Family Room.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
*jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Offline Fonsaca

• NSHN Moderator
  • Usually here
  • קוֹף
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »
Welcome  :)
“Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” - Lucius Annaeus Seneca