Author Topic: Br****  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Br****
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:09:05 AM »
Sorry to post about the B word. I hear people talk about stick piling and assume most are joking. But this morning I’ve read an article in the Guardian about stockpiling and it being a real thing. I wasn’t going to put things aside but I’m wondering whether I’m burying my head in the side and whether I should start putting a few key bits and pieces away. But what would i even put away and do I really need to? It’s utter crap.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Br****
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 07:46:18 AM »
All media has it's it's own agenda, even though the claim to be unbiased. Most of the anti Brexshit stories are scaremongering and nothing more, while there may be a small truth to some things, it's blown way out of proportion. An example would be the shortage of NHS nurses; there's always been a shortage with or without Brexshit  due to a lack of funding the Brexshit isn't going to have the huge impact on this that the media would have us believe.

Yes there are people stock piling but there are also people who stockpile because they think lizard people are taking over or that North Korea are about to set off nukes and there are also people who think that the earth is flat and that moon landing was faked. There's always fear mongering and conspiracies, it's just that Brexshit is a lot more visible.

It's also worth remembering that there are plenty of countries who aren't in the EU and they're doing fine and we managed perfectly well without the EU in the past and I think we'll do so again.

I'm joking when I say I'm stock piling but I might put a large bottle of whiskey aside just in case North Korea do decide to let they're nukes off...  ::P:
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 07:49:22 AM »

I'm joking when I say I'm stock piling but I might put a large bottle of whiskey aside just in case North Korea do decide to let they're nukes off...  ::P:

Sound advice  :friday1:

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 08:02:11 AM »
I think I might also need a  :fryingpan: for my grammar mistake! Their not they're!

I'll bring the whiskey, you bring chocolate and we'll be fine!  :rock:
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 08:12:12 AM »
It’s a deal!

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 09:11:33 AM »
A deal?? That’s the first Brexit deal anyone has managed  ::P:
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
 ::)
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258