Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Here and Now Room / Re: feel alone
« Last post by Tucan on Today at 12:14:58 PM »
I am sorry about your job. That sounds horrible. Bless you. Good luck with the pyschiatrist
Here and Now Room / Re: feel alone
« Last post by Swish on Today at 11:08:20 AM »
I have my psychiatrist this afternoon.  Really don't want to go as I am not too keen on her but I guess it would be stupid to cancel since I am suicial still.  I quit my job as my boss was trying to replace me and was making my life hell.  As soon as he found out I had depression he just made everything so hard for me.  He said I was incompetent but just didn't know it. 
Here and Now Room / Re: Hey Iím back... still struggling
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 06:31:28 PM »
That's a shame they were spying on you. It erodes your trust.
« Last post by Popcorn on Yesterday at 04:56:46 PM »
Sorriy I worried you all.

Iím pretty sure my team are spying on me like they did on Facebook last year and admitted it
Here and Now Room / Re: Dad died
« Last post by Tucan on June 16, 2018, 09:31:42 PM »
It is an extremely difficult event to deal with. Don't be hard on yourself over coping. You are doing just fine. There is no right or wrong way to grieve.
Here and Now Room / Re: Dad died
« Last post by jandj on June 16, 2018, 08:16:13 PM »
I do feel a bit switched off from it and then something makes me remember dad and I feel bleak and then annoyed at myself for getting upset as dad wouldn't want that and then.....I don't know really. I guess it's all normal and I'm in a phase where I feel stable again. Deep breath and carry on I reckon but something feels desolate about it.
Here and Now Room / Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Last post by Tucan on June 15, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
Thank you. It is hard. I been struggling with being alone to various degrees since I had a crisis in February last year. Sometimes it isn't too bad and I can watch TV on my own. Other times it is crippling and I don't see the point in life if I am on my own. I do have several games consoles. I do enjoy playing games. I just cannot concentrate on them for very long and get fed up easily. Also I am accutely aware that I enjoy those games much more when I playing them.with somebody else. I lack motivation especially if I am on my own. I was that tired yesterday I fell asleep on the sofa at 8-9pm and missed my bath. That meant I went into work.today minging not having had a bath or wash since Sunday! I just hoped that nobody would notice. With my hair tied up it isn't too obvious!
Research Topics / Exploring self-harm and the internet
« Last post by IM on June 15, 2018, 03:51:20 PM »
Hi all  :happy020:

Would you be willing to talk about your experiences with using the internet and self-harm?

I am a current MSc student carrying out a study aimed at exploring individuals experiences of self-harm and use of the internet. The study consists of interviews that can last up to one hour carried out over Skype or instant messaging, whatever you prefer! Questions will be about how you came to seek out websites about self-harm and how using these sites has made you feel.

So if you are:
- Above the age of 18
- Have experience with self-harm
- Have experience using internet sites related to self harm
I would greatly appreciate your time.

I am dedicated to making every participant feel comfortable, safe and listened to throughout the interview process.

If you are interested in taking part in this study and would like more information please contact me on I.Mackintosh@2017.hull.ac.uk

:icon_arrow:  :emot-thumbsup11:
« Last post by Vermilion on June 15, 2018, 03:14:06 PM »
I've been thinking about you. Just chat here when you want to, we are here for you.

:1059:
Here and Now Room / Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Last post by Vermilion on June 15, 2018, 03:10:49 PM »
Drowsiness is a common side effect of many meds, definitely talk to your psych.

It's a shame that you can't learn to enjoy having time to yourself, I love time alone. Maybe you could plan some time to yourself to just chill and pig out on the sofa for an evening a week :). It would be helpful for you I think, especially living alone. It can get lonely, it's the same for me, but I have learnt to just relax when I'm alone and spending time with the  :bunny: ◊4 helps too. What about a games console? I have an Xbox kinect which helps me get some exercise because I like the games on there, I have a fun zombie fighting game! Games can be a good distraction sometimes :). It's not easy but you don't want to overdo things by being busy constantly, everyone needs to chill out alone once in a while.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10