Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Here and Now Room / Re: Nearing the end
« Last post by terrified heart on Yesterday at 11:52:04 PM »
The recovery worker said my mind is unwell and telling me lies about dying. She thinks I can get past this and live a happy life again. I donít think she is right, but Iíve agreed to give my psych and CPN a chance of helping to change things when I see them tomorrow.

Iíve cried a bit today. I canít stop myself thinking about the end. Thinking about the things I still want to do and the things I need to sort out before I go. I really want to spend one last night cuddling up to someone, to feel that safety and affection and to feel some kind of love. Just for one night.

This whole thing is making me feel so sad. Every time I say goodbye to someone I wonder if itís the last time I will see them.

I donít know how the psych and CPN will be able to change any of this but Iíve nothing to lose by giving them a chance tomorrow.
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 09:30:00 PM »
How was it?
Here and Now Room / Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 09:27:53 PM »
It is hard. I am still struggling but not as much. I just either want to drink alcohol or sleep to block out my pointless life. I am forever distracting but not really living. I wish I could enjoy stuff. I wish I could join In with my groups to give me more purpose and structure. I struggle to motivate myself to give myself structure and routine. Tonight I am drinking because I cannot sleep. I slept poorly last night.

On the bright side I did meet with a man. He was nice.to me and we had a lovely time. Hope to see him again.
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 09:13:36 PM »
I hope that you managed  to get some help with these thoughts, they can be very scary, :hug1:.
Here and Now Room / Re: BPD?
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 09:10:24 PM »
I don't think it would be a waste of time, it can be useful to rule things out too so even if you haven't got BPD there's no harm done. I understand how.guilty you feel though.
Here and Now Room / Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Last post by Vermilion on Yesterday at 09:04:42 PM »
The,important thing is that you talk to someone, it's wise to have others aware of things. It's hard isn't it?
« Last post by Ginger on Yesterday at 05:43:01 PM »
Thanks, thatís a really good idea. I donít know yet regarding the psychiatrist - until I get the letter but I assume it will be the one Iíve seen before who is lovely but I always felt a little like I was wasting their time...
« Last post by so sad on Yesterday at 01:59:54 PM »
Hi

Do you know your psychiatrist pretty well?

I mentioned it to one I had about 8 years ago and he said I did have some traits but didn't want to label me.

This year, my current psychiatrist got me in with a psychologist and it was him who spotted that I tick most of the boxes. It helped that he himself teaches DBT (dialectic behavioural therapy) so it was his field. He referred me for DBT and I've just started it.

I would look at the signs and write down which ones you identify with and think of examples of how it fits. You can then use that as a starter for 10.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on

M x
« Last post by Ginger on Yesterday at 01:12:17 PM »
Thanks. I just feel a bit unconfident doing so x
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 09:54:27 AM »
Just tell them you have read up on it and you identify with a lot of what is said and you wondered if it was something you had.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10