Author Topic: Uncertainty with my future MH care.  (Read 14424 times)

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Re: Uncertainty with my future MH care.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 04:25:21 AM »
Hey Vermilion.

I'm sorry that there's so much uncertainty regarding your mental health support. It can be hard when a professional leaves. I think Tucan's idea of voicing your concerns to your cc when you see her is a good idea. It might help to talk about it and might help you to access further support if it's documented. How long have you been doing DBT skills with your cc for? I've been told that sometimes people need two rounds of the 12 month programme for things to really sink in, so it's OK and 'normal' for you to have not made as much progress as you might have like to by now. It doesn't mean that you've failed or that you're stuck like this forever. It just means that you haven't been given enough time yet.

It's a shame that your cc is the only one trained in DBT, that seems very unusual - in this area there's a whole team dedicated to it. Maybe that's unusual though, I'm not sure! Do you think psychology might be able to carry on some of the DBT stuff with you? There may be psychologists there that have done the training who'll be able to pick up where you left off with your cc. It's worth a shot, no? :hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline icicle

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 10:06:15 AM »
The only thing that I found helpful was e-mail counselling, I'm guessing because the counsellor was good at her job and because it was anonymous- I never even knew her name, so I was free to write stuff that I cannot say. For me, face to face = sitting in a room in silence for an hour. I've never tried DBT, it's not available where I live. I agree with what Terri has said- voice your concerns to your CC before she leaves.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »
I do need to voice my concerns about things, I was caught off guard when she told me so I didn't manage to talk about it properly.

To clarify regarding DBT there is a DBT group that I could attend but they don't do one on one sessions, my CC is the only one who can do DBT on a one to one basis. My autism makes groups really overwhelming. Another issue with DBT is my ability to cope with it and 'stay safe' at the same time; CC is unsure if I'm quite ready yet but of course that leaves me with uncertainty regarding future treatment. I feel like my brain is going to explode! 🤯

Anonymous counseling is a great idea but I find that I really need to build a rapport with the counselor as best I can, plus I'm trying to work on my social skills at the same time. I'm hoping that by talking to one person face to face I can build up to talking to a small group in the future. It's b***** difficult but I want to get better at it. I do often write things down and sometimes give it to CC to read if I can't start the conversation myself.

Thank you everyone.  :hug1: :hug2:
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 02:43:21 PM »
I'm really hoping that nothing gets f****d up because I really need help. There's too much to deal with and I don't know how.
Stopping the harming is so difficult, I've failed miserably in that respect and b**nt quite badly. I've really tried but it still keeps happening. Maybe they'll discharge me because I'm crap and untreatable? I hope not.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »
Frodo suddenly died  :'(

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »
Oh no. I’m so sorry to hear that. I know how much your buns mean to you. Sending love and hugs xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »
 :(  :hug2:
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 05:21:44 PM »
I am sorry to hear that. Take care.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 08:38:14 PM »
It was so sudden, he was his usual self this morning and when I went back later he was gone. He wasn't even 2 years. :'(  I've planted some heather over him.

I want to cancel CC tomorrow, I really CBA. I don't really care about any of it. So much sh** going on and then I lose one of the buns. It's unbearable right now.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 11:52:41 PM »
I'm really tired but I can't switch off. I really can't deal with this, I'm struggling to process things.

If I tell anyone that I've b**nt myself they'll make me go to urgent care, f*** that. I'm too tired. My head hurts, everything aches and I'm tired but I still can't sleep.

I miss little Frodo, it's hard to believe that he's gone now. :(