Author Topic: Positive Post *Mentions SH, Weight loss and Suicide*  (Read 5982 times)

Offline Nixie

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Music Music Music Music
Positive Post *Mentions SH, Weight loss and Suicide*
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
Hey Everyone

I thought I would post this in the hope that it will give hope to someone. I'm not sure if people will remember me (I've been on and off this forum for quite a few years - I used to be called Scars).

I think everything started to go downhill and I started to get unhappy when I was about 10, I started self harming when I was 13, and it got gradually worse until I really didn't care what I did to myself or what happened to me. I lost weight and was obsessed with making myself thinner. At one point, when I was 18, I was planning my death.

I am now 21 and in the last few years I have completely changed my life around. The last time I self harmed was the beginning of January 2010 - 2 years ago - and I am happier than I ever remember being. I had to face up to the things that happened when I was a teenager but I'm glad I did. It will always be a part of my life but in the past. I wouldn't change any of it. There are many things that I'm not proud of but everything that happened in my life and everything I did made me who I am today - and I like who I am now and that is a fantastic feeling.

What I'm trying to say is there is always hope. Even when you are at the lowest there is always hope - I'm living proof. I posted a poem called "Smile" in creativity - that says it better than I am here.

Take care
 :hug1:

Love Nixie
 :1025:
If You Kill All My Demons You Might Kill All My Angels Too
                Sometimes The Risk Is Worth It
                              Fallen Angel
                         :jump: :1025: :jump:
                      Formerly known as Scars

Offline Ludovica

• 18+
  • Always here
  • It can't always rain.
Re: Positive Post *Mentions SH, Weight loss and Suicide*
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »
 :) So glad things have improved so much. Well done, yay for liking the person you are now. :) :hug2:
Go to where the silence is and say something. Or do something. Or sing something. Go there.
Ludo Von Ludwig of Ludoville! ;D
:piano:

Offline ~hannah~

• 018s Buddy
  • Usually here
  • Buddy - PM or Email Any Questions!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
Lovely to read Nixie!

Bravo, its a tough ride but you've made amazing progress and should be really proud of yourself.  :hug1:

xxx
*cat* <-- Calypso! Thanks SD x

Make Friends With Your Past, Then You Can Leave It At Last, Its Time To Find Yourself In Your Revolution.

Smile Like No One's Watching & Laugh Like There Is No Tomorrow!

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 07:17:27 PM »
Hey chick, so lovely to hear from you and such a positive post  ;D  Thanks for sharing this, you're an inspiration  :hug2: :hug2:
xx
I guess it's funnier from where you're standing, Cause from over here I missed the joke
Clear the way for my crash landing, I've done it again, another number for your notes
I'll be your clown, behind the glass
Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would too if I saw me...

Offline Bea

• NSHN Moderator
  • Usually here
  • No day But Today.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 12:40:46 PM »
What a lovely post!  Well done - like you say, it will always be part of your past - but you will use that to shape your future.

Here is to a happy 2012 for you xxx
*jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Bethy

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »
Really great to hear from you - I'm so pleased things are going well :hug1: Wishing you all the best xx