Author Topic: skin picking mt?  (Read 4040 times)

Offline princess_sparkle

• First posts
skin picking mt?
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »
Hi guys

Havent been on here a long time, and although haven't been *SH* per se for 3.5 years, have still been skin picking like crazy. It's something that started about 8 years ago (before SH) and has kept on going.  Lately I have been trying so so hard to stop. I really would like to wear skirts and shorts again, and I have been trying my best to stop.  Does this count as SH? What is it exactly? Basically, I just pick my legs, where I get ingrown hairs (sure I get more than normal) or spots and I just don't let them heal. Now t hey are so scarred and scabby I don't know if they will ever heal.
I have mentioned this to the docs (who know about my SH/sui/depressed history and are prescribing me a high dosage of ADs) but they don't seem to be all that interested so I am assuming it's not that big - a - deal as far as they are concerned .
Has anyone got and advice? I am getting desperate these days to know what to do!!

PS xxx

Offline icicle

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: skin picking mt?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:49 PM »
Have you considered why you do it? Is it more of a habit- like some people bite their nails or do the same feelings accompany it that you got from other forms of sh? I tried to stop chewing the skin around my finger nails using nail biting solution. I never thought of it as self harm but I did find it written in my notes as such.