Author Topic: I broke my 10 year streak :( *trig sh*  (Read 90 times)

Offline Kitters

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
I broke my 10 year streak :( *trig sh*
« on: May 08, 2018, 12:47:20 PM »
NSHN

Hey yíall.

I unexpectedly and rather impulsively broke my ten year self-harm-free streak 2 weeks ago. Yep, ten years down the drain.
I just lost the will to fight the urges. I went back to the docs and have had my medication changed,  which is causing a lovely surge in anxiety and crash in mood. Oh, what fun.

And life just keeps throwing challenges at me, as life tends to. Partly as while Iím not well, Iím not keeping on top of adulting stuff and itís  just all so overwhelming. I canít cope. Iím not sure what to fix first.

I stopped short of needing sutures 2 weeks ago, but it hasnít satisfied my urges. Honestly Iím a bit scared of going to a&e, of being made to see the infamous crisis team that arenít of any help anyway. But I vividly think of harming daily.

Iíve started a Mindfullness course and have numbers to call for self referral counselling... I know this crap will eventually pass but it feels so insurmountable right now. Iím feeling so disconnected from everything, like Iím clinging on for dear life as my life falls apart around me.

Moan, whinge, cry.
Thanks for reading.
Master procrastinator

Occasional crafter

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: I broke my 10 year streak :( *trig sh*
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »
Could you try the conselling?
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Kitters

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
Iím goong to call tomorrow, Iím at work now and here until 8pm. I stupidly thought I could cope with just a prescription. Itís been a year since my mh relapsed and Iím actually further away from recovery. Urgh.

Thanks for replying.
Master procrastinator

Occasional crafter

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 05:04:52 PM »
Sometimes relaspes happen. That's the nature of mental health unfortunately. Don't give yourself a hard time over it though.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Kenzie444

• First posts
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
I also recently broke my SH streak. Your description of not having the will to stop the urges - it rang so true to me. I'm really sorry you're going through a relapse and a low period. The meds are going to make you feel weird for sure.

Did you get to ring the counsellors?