Author Topic: Mood starting to go other way.  (Read 2981 times)

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Mood starting to go other way.
« on: April 25, 2018, 01:23:23 PM »
Think my mood is starting to go high. Some days I am sleeping less, I didn't go bed until 4am last night and was awake at 6. I did get a couple of hours on the sofa beforehand. I am being more impulsive recently and been spending more. I even ended up spending 100 on 2 guinea pigs. Some days my thoughts start to speed up and my speech but the next day I am ok. I am tempted to not tell my cpn as I like feeling good and it isn't too bad at the moment. I don't want my meds altering as I don't want to go depressed or risk spacing out at work. I know I need to talk to her about it but I feel like keeping it to myself just a little bit longer
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 05:37:26 PM »
The problem is that these high moods can cause massive problems, as an example you can end up spending money that you don't have which can lead to money problems which in turn can have a negative impact on your MH. Plus there's the inevitable crash afterwards, the deep depression that tend to happen after a high. It's really important that you tell your CPN but if you explain your worries about the meds she might be able to suggest a different med or perhaps something that can help.  :hug2:
RIP my beautiful Columbus, you're at peace now. :bunny: :1027:

August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »
Thank you. I just want to talk to people.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »
I am scared if I tell the cmht they will change my meds. I am scared of having my meds changed. I am scared or the depression returning or an increase in ap will make me space out and it will become difficult at work again. I like feeling good and at the moment it isn't too bad. I just like feeling good for a change. I know it has the potential to get out of control but at the moment it isn't out of control.

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 08:50:30 AM »
I totally get the feeling of wanting to enjoy the good. After the lows the highs are intoxicating, however you know the inevitable crash will hit hard. It doesn't make it any easier to temper the high though. I guess it's about you making the choice but being aware of potential consequences or repercussions of things which may happen during the high.  :hug1: as far as talking to your cpn goes, no one can force you to change meds, if you're honest about how you're feeling maybe you can work together? My GP said to me once, and it stuck with me, it was when I stopped talking to her and shut her out that she became concerned and would start imposing certain things. So long as communication was maintained there was room for choice and control. Stay strong and brave  :hug2:

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »
I agree with the above, make sure that you tell your CPN so that she's aware even if you don't want your medication changed.  :hug2:
RIP my beautiful Columbus, you're at peace now. :bunny: :1027:

August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
Ok thanks. I been a little high today at work.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 05:31:41 PM »
I was a bit bouncy this morning. Talking fast at people, being really witty, feeling like I am on fire (because I was that good at). Then this afternoon I have been irritable telling the volunteers off for being too hyper. Little things have annoyed me this afternoon. That isn't like me. Then I started to get all impulsive again and wanted to buy a games console. I still cannot eat a lot. Not sure if I feel excitable or irritated!

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
I was so imaginative this morning. I told everyone I was going to get a dragon for work and train it to breath fire at customers that don't follow the rules. I was also on about turning into a monster with hand signals.

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
I was on the ball this morning however this afternoon I went quite scatty. I was distracted midway through making a tea and forgot how to make it. I sent somebody to lock the front gate when I had locked it 2 minutes beforehand.