Author Topic: phd research study - sh & social media  (Read 6124 times)

Offline research82

• Researcher
  • First posts
phd research study - sh & social media
« on: February 19, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »
hi,  I am a research student at ulster university undertaking research relating to social media and self-harm.  I would value the opportunity to advertise my study here to see if anyone would like to be interviewed either online (typed chat), face to face or via telephone about their use of these sites.  the study has been approved by the university ethics committee and confidentially can be assured to all participants.  happy to send further information.  thank you, julie
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:58:38 PM by Rob »

Offline research82

• Researcher
  • First posts
Re: phd research study - sh & social media
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 09:55:41 AM »
this study would take around 45 minutes to participate in and confidentiality is assured.  I have further information available on word documents that I would be happy to forward to anyone interested for further information.  there is no obligation to participate.  thank you, julie

Offline research82

• Researcher
  • First posts
Re: phd research study - sh & social media
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:55:26 PM »
hi, the topic of self-harm is extremely under researched.  in order for more understanding to be gained along with reducing the stigma attached to the behaviour, further research is vital.  as a research team we are extremely hopeful that this research study will help to influence policy development and inform future health care.  I am keen to interview users of self-harm websites and/or social media about their use of these sites.  the interview would take around 45 mins and can be via typed chat, telephone or face to face.  you will not be identified in any write up and all data will be stored securely in line with university policy.  I would be delighted to hear from you if you would like further information.

thank you
julie