Author Topic: Question regarding teachers/background checks/law *trig SA*  (Read 6006 times)

Offline Jovie

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
Question regarding teachers/background checks/law *trig SA*
« on: January 27, 2012, 01:32:31 AM »
 :trig:

I wonder if anyone here knows or could tell me; if somebody wants to be a Primary School Teacher and is looking for a job in a school, but they have previously been accused of and then arrested for rape, but were never charged (never went to court or anything) - Would that show up on their records in a police check? What impact would that have on that person being able to work in a school or with children?
This is something that has bothered me for years...since it happened really. So if anyone could help answer my questions I'd really appreciate it :-/ thanks
"We should die from that roar that lies on the other side of silence"

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes; they win"

Offline Gerard

• Administrator
  • Always here
  • Grumpologist
Re: Question regarding teachers/background checks/law *trig SA*
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
In this day and age I'd imagine it would be an issue, yes.

Amongst other things

Offline jackgrillo

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Totally King of Rainbow!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »
Certainly the CRB check includes a confidential conversation between the person who is doing the check (in this case the School) and the Criminal Records Bureau. This would include things that the person had not been convicted of, but had been suspected of (this can include things that the police didn't even take action on). I would imagine the school would then disallow him to work there.
:13328: <-- gregory
:13328: <-- that one was given to me by chihiro

I like walking in the rain because then nobody can see me cry

Offline Worried Friend

• +18
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
It's highly unlikely that any school would hire him as I'm 99% sure that it would show up on a CRB check.
Be who you are and say what you feel because people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

Deep deep deep!!!

Offline HiddenGirl

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • <3 Emma <3
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
i can tell you for a fact it will show up and any school with sense would not hire him....

I have a warning (for shoplifting) that i was arrested but not charged with when i was 15, i am now 23 and it still shows up.

It will be an enhanced one (as it is working with young children and young people) (i am at uni doing a youth work course so i know)

Dont worry, he will NEVER be able to work in a primary school especially, the children would be put under far to much risk for that to happen!

Dont worry sweetie <3  x x x x x x
My Tool...
My Skin....
My Blood...
My Sin...

Last SH 21-Jul-2013
Last OD 21-Jul-2013

"Its okay not to be okay" Jessie J

Offline wendymum

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »
Hi there,

If the case was investigated it will show.  Also, usually when something like this shows up the police will phone up whoever hs requested the check to inform them this will show on it so they don't slip under the net.  He won't be working in any schools.

I hope this reassures you.  Also, if by any fluke he did slip under the mat you would be completely within your rights to contact the organisation who'd tsken him on and make them aware that he has been investigated for this - you wouldn't need to say you are the victim, just that you know it happened.  The school would have to suspend him and look into it.

Hugs.