Author Topic: Attachments - is this normal?  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Lost_soul

• 18+
  • Usually here
Attachments - is this normal?
« on: March 11, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »
 :blushing: been thinking about something and hope its ok to ask about it here? I don't know if this is normal.....

When I first meet a professional I am always very wary of them and it takes a long time for me to become comfortable with them and to trust them. Once I have though (if I have) I form really intense attachments to them. I seek them out because I know they are safe and will try to help me, I miss them when I don't see them for a while and struggle to stop myself from calling them.

It doesn't end when they stop working with me though, i still look out for & desperately want to see a recovery worker that I had 3 years ago. Feel really disappointed of its not her. Same with my old cc.

God now I've read that I feel even more pathetic. Yuck :( :banghead:

Offline Lost_soul

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Attachments - is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 05:26:25 PM »
Does anyone else find this happens to them too?? Feel like a freak :hide:

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
Yes! I could have almost written the same thing, it's gotten better over the years and I'm more aware of it happening now...

Don't worry Hun, people are very rarely alone in the ways they feel x x x
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Lost_soul

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »
Thanks for replying, relieved that its not just me!! I hope you don't mind me asking, you said you're more aware of it happening now? Have you found anything that helps you manage/prevent it?

Bethy

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 08:34:33 PM »
Yes, it's definitely common. I was having this exact conversation with my friend the other day and we both felt the same about it. I think so many people out there do - it's sort of inevitable in a way. x