Author Topic: Distractions  (Read 3969 times)

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
Distractions
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »

internet forums - i
m on so many and i like to make sure i have things that gotta to be done.
Once i have done my usual chores around the house and activities of daily living. I then set myself a goal to respond to 5 problems on recover your life, five on nshn, five on ana refuge, five on cosmo and 5 and on community care
but i will always take little breaks and incorporate other activities like writing 30 minutes of my story. i have my day planned out down to last second.
 Then at say 3pm i would watch a documentary i like on really (freeview channel)
Then i study for hour for my courses (maths, mental health studies, health and social care and councelling)
Basically i don't waste time sitting about chatting to friends/watching day time tv. Everything must serve a purpose.

Plus i incorporate physical exercise into my routine (walking two and from town, shopping) and the bike.
I definitely keep myself busy.
i do this monday to sunday 24/7 and 365
But then there's other days where exercise is the only thing on my mind.
I have been doing this for years and even when i have got a job etc i incorporate it into my routine

I never just sit there worrying/feeling depressed and sorry for myself.

I occasionally have a "depressed moment" but that's usually in the evening when im obviously knackered from the day. But generally associate watching day time with feeling sorry/lazy and depressed.
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
Re: Distractions
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »
 :penguinswirl:

That sounds absolutely exhausting! What do you want to do all that stuff for. Don't you want to have friendships and hang out with your friends. What about just Beeing and resting and enjoying life as it is without striving all the time.

Hash

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
Re: Distractions
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »
To me it helps me deal with the depression better for example im not sitting there feeling sorry for myself and im a safer from doing something i would regret later in life and plus i can be a bit of a perfectionist. I also find it I cannot under any circumstances to chill out and i struggle to sit down and watch mindless telly.
im not that exhausted and actually i feel so energized and wanting to do more and more. (im not showing any signs of slowing down or sluggish behaviour) For me, i can either deal with my depression in a positive way by exercising, studying and carrying on with life in a normal way.

Or I can take it in a negative way, and sit around feeling sorry for myself and watch day time tv all day and eat rubbish. I have watched people in my life ruin their lives because they are depressed. I have seen my friend go from really nice, easy to chat to who was happy as flies on poo to a vicious manipulating bullyin/suicidal b****. (who expects me to come running everytime she cries wolf)

Also my mind constantly tells me it's lazy, i can do 26 miles in one hit on a bike (takes me two hrs) yet my brain doesn't realise it's done that much and hours later im wanting to do more.

but the truth is that friends i do have caused me problems in the past and i only have my boyfriend G as my best friend and boyfriend all in one. So i don't trust anyone else.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:22:03 PM by angeldevil123 »
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)