NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

Meds....

(1/3) > >>

Lorien:
Long story short - mood stabiliser stopped migraine medication being as effective. So after a period of time on an increased dose of the mood stabiliser, I felt like I really had to do something about the migraines. They were getting really bad and I was missing work. I already have a warning for absence so I don't need more sickness.

The GP said to ask the Psychiatrist because he didn't want to mess up the mood stabiliser. So I asked them and they said it was fine to increase it because the mood stabiliser should off set any effect on mood...it didn't. I am not off work because things were getting too high. The Psychiatrist is away so the consultant covering him advised to reverse the change in migraine meds and gave me Diazepam and temazepam to keep things more comfortable until the Psychiatrist is back on Monday.

I am more comfortable but also effing HUNGRY! and to be honest still quite irritable. I'm not massively weight conscious but the mood stabiliser already made it easier to stack weight on. The Psychiatrist I spoke to in the interim said he thinks that the usual one will add in another medication with the one I take now. As far as I can see weight gain is a side effect of almost every that could be. What I eat is normally pretty balanced. But no matter how much of anything I eat at the minute I'm still really hungry.

Has anyone had this with Diazepam / temazepam. I've taken both before and not found that. Also, any suggestions for ways to keep it in check without ballooning or being continually hangry?

Lorien:
Feeling pretty crap, trying to balance bad cold & high temp with mood being much higher than it has been in a while. I feel like I'm taking a pharmacy right now. Struggling a bit with today being 4years since last s/h. All together it is just a bit much but I don't think there is anything I can do about it

Rob:
Commiserations about the  :ill:  4 years without is something to feel proud of, nevertheless.

Lorien:
Yeah I guess I kind of figured that if I could get that down then things would be more settled and I wouldn't need to keep managing things forever. But obviously that isn't right. Partly it makes it hard not to think f*ck it doesn't matter. I think I'm still trying to get my head around the bipolar diagnosis - especially because it has changed how people are managing things and interacting with me when things are difficult. I'd quite like to just turn off the next few days until things are a bit more settled. That sort of thought process is usually not good for me. But with my brain so fast, it's hard to keep away from it.

icicle:
How are you doing now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version